Zip Lines at Vallée des Couleurs
- Spectacular glides along zip lines; the longest is 500 meters long
- Opportunity to contemplate the stunning landscapes of the Vallée des Couleurs from above
- Short hike
- Professional guides during the excursion
08:00 - 16:00
20 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the zip line package chosen)
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age: 4 years old and above (must be accompanied by at least one parent).
- Safety: All safety gear provided.
- Frequent maintenance work and strict safety regulations guarantee maximum security for all visitors.
- No previous experience in zip lines is required.
- What to bring: sunscreen, sport shoes and waterproof camera / camera cover.
- Important: The Zip lines are done at Vallée des Couleurs, accordingly make sure to book the zip lines activity together with the entry tickets.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival.
As per the cancellation policy of Deals.mu
As part of the zip lines adventure at the Vallée des Couleurs, you would be sure to have a remarkable views of the entire canyon, seeing the stunning landscapes, forest and waterfalls from high above!
You will also get to ride the longest zip line in Mauritius (and in the entire Indian Ocean) which is of 500m in length.
With some luck, you would also get to watch the stags in their natural habitat running under your feet while you glide on the zip lines.
Deals.mu offers you two zip lines packages to choose from:
- 1 Zip-line [500m]
- Complete zip-lines' package of 4 different zip-lines [including the 500m zip lines]
Your amazing journey starts with hiking across the beautiful landscape, where the zip lines await you. Following the Zip line adventure you can spend some more time in the reserve strolling along one of the many beautiful trails. This is a good opportunity to have a closer look at this unique colour of the Earth and to reach the viewpoint at the mountain top where you will enjoy a captivating, breathtaking panoramic view of almost the entire South Coast.
What is Zip Line? A zip-line, also known as a flying fox, zip wire, or Tyrolean crossing, consists of a pulley suspended on a cable mounted on an incline.
Activities and Excursions: For those searching for some additional action be sure to enjoy some of the other exciting activities offered at the Vallée des Couleurs such as the quad biking, jeep trip, fishing, pedalo and hiking - all offered by Deals.mu for the best discounted local resident rates!
Nature lovers are bound to love Vallée des Couleurs; it offers a unique experience with the indigenous fauna and flora alongside various fun activities and excursions catering for all ages. Visitors are treated with a range of natural landscapes, including plateaus, mountains, valleys, craters and crater-lakes.
The visit of Vallée des Couleurs begins with the access to the park’s exhibition room which provides an outline of the different places of interest which you will discover through your visit to this domaine-park.
You will also enjoy the visit to the fern garden, without which, any visit of Vallée des Couleurs would be incomplete. This is where you get to see the beauty of tree ferns, wild orchids or other native flowers like the Trochetia (Boucle d’oreille/Ear ring) and the Bouquet Banané (achna Mauriciana), which only blooms at the end of every year.
The unspoiled beauty of the land captures every heart and soul while some of the domain’s landmarks such as the remarkable 23 coloured earth as gain reputation worldwide as a ‘must visit’ site in Mauritius.
The park is also home to tortoises, monkeys, stags, fish and also birds such as the Pink Pigeon, Paille en Queue, Cateau Vert with various endemic trees like the Ebony, Bois de Natte, Takamaka and other rare plants also contributing to the beauty of the park.
A visit to Vallée des Couleurs including the visit of Green valleys, Plateaus, Hills, Lakes, Waterfalls, Rivers, Volcanic ashes, 23 Coloured Earth, endemic and Indigenous Flora and fauna and access to the many facilities of the reserve such as the Kids Garden, Cafeteria and the restaurant.
In case you would like to enjoy some more activities when you will be at Vallée des Couleurs, we can also recommend you the following:
- Quad Biking at Vallée des Couleurs