Whale Watching Trip (Speed Boat)
- 3-hour trip on a comfortable speed boat suitable for ventures in the deep sea
- Professional and personal service by the boat staff
- Safety - briefing on-board the boat
- Guidance by well-trained marine experts
10:00 - 13:00
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age: 7 years old
- Restriction: The trip is not recommended to pregnant women.
- There is a 60% guarantee that you will see the Whales but if that is not the case, there will be no cash refund as the costs for such outings are too high in terms of fuel used.
- Whale watching is a different and more difficult outing as you will have to go further out to sea and the number of encounters you will have, depends a lot on weather and sea conditions. If the sea is rough, it will be more difficult to see the whales.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
A unique 3 hours’ experience of watching whales in their natural surroundings done on a speed boat!
Encountering whales is an incredibly moving experience, watching this remarkable mammals in the open sea, swimming beside the boat. With some luck you may also see the whales jump out of the water or splashing you with their huge tale, offering unique once in a life time memories and perfect picture moments.
Before setting out to the deep sea, onboard the speed boat, the skipper will brief you on the experience you are about to have.
When you see the whales, the sight is unbelievable. Everyone has their own way of describing this incredible sight. Sometimes instead of the usual outbursts, it is the deafening silence of being lost for words as you hear the enormous humpback whale take one last breath before a dive.
During the trip, you will also have the opportunity to admire the strikingly beautiful scenery and unspoiled South West coast.
Private Option: Upon request we also offer this whales’ trip on exclusive-private basis for you to enjoy a trip in your own private boat for the day.
The Whale Watching offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
The briefing will also include such aspects as
- Types of whales which you will encounter
- Whales habits
- Guidelines for successful whale watching
- Security measures on the boat
A little information about Sperm Whales in Mauritius
It is possible to find many different types of whales in Mauritius. The most common whales are: Blainville's Beaked Whale, Gray's Beaked Whale, Dwarf Sperm Whale, and the Sperm whale which is the most famous whale in Mauritius.
The Sperm Whale is the largest species of toothed whale, with adult growing to be about 15-18 meters (50-60 feet) long, and weighing about 45-70 tonnes. The body of sperm whales is robustly proportioned, with paddled-shaped flippers. The lower jaw is always relatively small and thin relative to the upper jaw. The Sperm Whale dives to great depths to find food, and it eats squid, fish, and even sharks.
Q: Which whales can be observed in Mauritius?
It is possible to find many different types of whales in Mauritius. The most common whales are: Blainville's Beaked Whale, Gray's Beaked Whale, Dwarf Sperm Whale, and the Sperm whale which is the most famous Whale in Mauritius.
Q: Can we swim with the Whales?
Whale watching is an outing in which you will go further out into the Deep Sea and as such, swimming is not allowed. You can appreciate and see the whales from the speed boat itself.