Walking with Lions (Casela)
The walking with lions is an adventurous activity for those wishing to experience the wild side. On your arrival at the Casela Park, you will be guided to a special safari bus which will take you to the Safari Adventure enclosure where you will see the big cats.
Upon arrival to the Safari Adventure, the safari team will welcome you and brief you with an introduction on the lions and on the safety measures which should be taken during the Walking with Lions adventure.
Under the coolness of the trees you can take pleasure in viewing the lions from very close, see them playing and hopping on the rocks of the river banks and scaling the trees. The lions roam freely amongst you offering a unique opportunity of being in close contact with them.
With the supervision and guidance of the lions’ handlers, you can get even closer, and experience from firsthand how it is to walk alongside the lions, lead them and even pet them. Of course, you could also take many close photos of the lions as well as of yourselves alongside the lions
After the walk, refreshments are offered followed by explanations about the reproduction and conservation program of the lions.
About the Casela Nature & Leisure Park: The Casela Park is a real nature and adventure park.
Visit to the park includes:
- Toboggan - a thrilling fun ride on the first toboggan slide in Mauritius. The Toboggan includes two slides placed on a slope on which one slips with buoys.
- Walk through the aviary - Walk through the bird aviary and interact with various colorful bird species from around the world.
- Safari photo - Find yourself face-to-face with zebras, ostriches, deer, African antelopes and all their neighbors during a unique safari tour onboard one of the safari vehicles.
- Big cats viewing - For Big Cats lovers, this is a dream come true! Visit the Big Cats’ park to enjoy a close view of the lions, cheetahs and tigers.
- Giraffe viewing - Come face to face with majestically animals for a unique viewing experience.
- Kid’s playground - A new kid’s playground that will offer sensation to the young ones!
- Petting farm - ideal setting for people of all ages, especially children to interact with farm animals.
This Walk with Lions Adventure includes:
- 1 hour Walking with Lions excursion.
- A unique adventure with the Lions at the Safari Adventure Park situated at Casela
- You will get to see how the lions interact between them, climb trees and even how they feed.
- Explanations about the reproduction and conservation program of the lions.
- Supervision and guidance of the lions’ handler
Additional activities offered at the Park:
- Interaction with Lions and Cheetahs
- Safari Quad
- Segway Excursion
- Zip Lines Excursion
Operating Days: All Days, except Sundays and on the 25th December and 1st January
Activity Times: 9.00am, 10.30am, 2.00pm and 3.30pm
Duration: 1 hour
Minimum age requirement: 15
- In order to take part in this activity you must be above 150cm (1.50m = 4.9 feet)
- All participants must be physically and mentally capable to perform this particular activity.
- Participants should not have any major hearing or visual impairments.
- This activity is covered by a safety brief therefore the participants need to be proficient either in French or English.
- The Big Cat keepers, have the right to not let a customer participate in the activities if the restrictions are not met.
- If any of the above is found incorrect on the day of your activity "NO" refund will be considered. These rules are for your safety.
Important: The Walk with Lions is done at the Yemen Reserve, part of Mauritius Safari and Bird Park. Accordingly, we offer you to also buy the entry tickets to the park at the same time.