VIP Horse Racing in Mauritius
- Spectacular view of the horse racing arena with clear view on the race track and the finish line
- Beer, sparkling wine & soft drinks are served upon clients’ requests from 12:00 to 17:00 for free
- Food (hot and cold canapés) and beverages (beer, sparkling wine & soft drinks) are served from 12:00 to 17:00 on request
- 8 races (the horses run at intervals of 35 minutes)
- Access to the balcony overlooking the paddock
- Complete personal assistance from the VIP suite staff
- After the 2nd race, a “Common bet” is organized and all guests have the opportunity to win the jackpot
- Direct betting from the VIP suite up to the last minute, with private betting facility services.
- Assistance and betting advice
- Live TV transmission of the races with key information such as horses' handicaps and live betting odds
12:00 - 17:00
Conditions & Additional info
- You will get to see 8 races during your visit, with the last race scheduled at 16:30
- The Crown Lodge has an insurance that covers the guests free of charge in case they sustain any injury while being there
- Child under 6 years old will enjoy this activity free of charge
- Dress code is casual smart “chic" (trousers and shirts for men).Formal wear is not required.
Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Deals.mu offers you the incredible chance of experiencing a classic raceday at Champ de Mars in a fun-filled way, with lots of glamour and excitement; the only thing you will need to bring is a little luck to place your bets!
This Raceday Package at Champ de Mars not only offers you the essential elements that makes a raceday highly enjoyable but it also combines a few additional treats that will surely make your experience memorable.
From the VIP suite, you will have an unobstructed view of the racecourse, with both the race track and the finishing line clearly visible. You will also have access to the balcony over-viewing the paddock, from where you will be able to spot the horses before they start racing.
Along with complete personal service from the VIP suite staff, you will also benefit from betting assistance and advice. Private betting facilities will be at your disposition at all times, allowing you to place your bets directly from the VIP suite up to the last minute. Additionally, you will be able to enjoy delicious food and complimentary drinks, while keeping up with the races through the live TV transmission, displaying key information such as horses' handicaps and the live betting odds.
Whether it’s your first time at the races or even if you are regular racegoer, this package will definitely be an awesome opportunity for you to have a blast at Champ de Mars!
HORSE RACING AT CHAMP DE MARS
The Mauritius horse racing club commonly called the Champ de Mars was founded in 1812, making it the oldest horse-racing club in the Southern Hemisphere, and one of the oldest in the world.
Thoroughbred horse racing is the most popular sport in Mauritius and the electrifying ambiance on racedays, is amazing to feel. You can expect crowds of about 30,000 visitors on each raceday.
The horse racing season starts in March and ends in the first weekend of December. With an average of 8 horses per race (some may even go up to a maximum of 11 horses), about 60 horses participate on each racing day.
As the most popular sport in Mauritius, a high level of professionalism has been reached in the organization of races over the last decades, thereby boosting competition levels, and creating a unique electrifying atmosphere on each raceday at the Champ de Mars.