Rhumerie de Chamarel Distillery
Visit & Tour at Rhumerie de Chamarel Distillery
- Guided Tour of Rhumerie de Chamarel
- Rum tasting at the Rhumerie de Chamarel
- Optional A la Carte menu at the L'Alchimiste Restaurant (Payable at the restaurant)
- Discover the exclusive Rum making process where all the sugar cane plants are carefully selected and grown at the domain
Monday to Saturday
09:30 - 17:30
Activity Time: 09h30 - 17h30
Lunch Time: 11h30 - 15h30
30 - 40 minutes
Conditions & Additional info
- Children (up to 12 years old) have to be accompanied by their parents and rum tasting is not included
- Note: For your maximum convenience the Rhumerie de Chamarel distillery tour is done in either English or French.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
- Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance by phone & subject to availability
Lunch at the Rhumerie de Chamarel
- The L'Alchimiste restaurant offers you an A la Carte menu (at a supplement)
- Child Menu: a special child friendly menu is also available
- Lunch Meal: A la Carte menu
Rhumerie de Chamarel Distillery (Visit & Tour) Package Description
In the heart of a fertile valley, surrounded by vast sugarcane plantations growing in harmony with the pineapples and other tropical fruits nearby lies the Rhumerie de Chamarel Distillery.
As a visitor of the Rum Distillery you can marvel at its unique design which blends harmoniously with the spectacular surroundings where wood, natural stone and water provide a sense of communion with nature.
Guided Tour of Rhumerie de Chamarel - Deals.mu offers you to enjoy a guided tour of the distillery with one of the experienced guides, taking you behind the scenes for a detailed explanation of the rum making process.
Rum tasting - At the end of the tour, unique rum tastings is offered where one can try the selection of the agricultural Rums produced by the distillery. As opposed to the traditional rum produced by the distillation of molasses, the agricultural rum is obtained by distilling pure cane juice, a process which gives it its specifics aromas and flavors.
Lunch - at a supplement - As part of this package, you will have the opportunity to relish an A la Carte menu at a supplement which is a perfect blend of subtle cuisines and exotic delicacies.
Lunch at Rhumerie de Chamarel Distillery
As part of this visit of the Rhumerie de Chamarel, we offer you to enjoy (offered for supplement) a delicious lunch at the beautiful L’Alchimiste restaurant, specialized in a unique cuisine, prepared with local products sourced from the estate itself.
You can choose from the A la Carte menu detailed here below:
- Duck Salad - ’aiguillette’-comfit-oeuf-pecan, nut-bread crumbs, raspberry vinaigrette
- The velvet of foie gras enhanced by diced pineapple, served with ginger bread toast
- Tuna Carpaccio, palm heart tartar
- Crab meat gratin, braised palm heart and a thick frothy sauce
- Palm heart salad accompanied with prawns
- Braised palm heart, with king prawn - Hollandaise sauce, asparagus emulsion
- Homemade cold cut with a crispy green salad
- Chef Salad - green salad - smoked chicken – anchovy bread crumbs
- Pork Braised with Chamarel Rum
- Lamb Shank braised
- Beef Salad or French fries, béarnaise sauce
- Mixed Grilled Salad or French fries
- The Duck Trilogy
- Catch of the day Fish fillet upon availability and leek sauce
- Chicken and Prawns Curry with coconut milk
- Vegetables - Curry with pickles - Grilled mille-feuille, tomato sauce and pesto
- ‘Alchimiste’ Moelleux, vanilla ice cream (20 mins)
- Pineapple from the domain
- Cheese cake with a strawberry coulis
- Vanilla ‘Crème Brûlée’ with Muscovado sugar
- Chamarel Gold Rum Baba
- Homemade Ice Cream and sherbets
- Café gourmand
- Grilled Chicken, French fries or salad
- Grilled Fish, French fries or salad
- Mini Steak, French fries or salad
- Spaghetti Tomato sauce & Butter Cream
Dessert: 1 scoop of ice cream is served with your meal
About the Rum of Rhumerie de Chamarel
The highlight of the whole process for the rum making at Rhumerie de Chamarel is to ensure a High Quality “Eco-Friendly” agricultural Rum. From the growing, harvest, fermentation and sophisticated distilling process, all is done so that the distillery can pride itself on the quality of its rum, achieved by distilling the fresh, fermented cane juice rather than that obtained from molasses.
Aligned with the concept of sustainable development, the distillery puts emphasis on its environmental efforts on recycling - ‘nothing goes to waste’ approach.
The Sugar Cane Spirit Shop - an opportunity to buy authentic and elegant products such as local Rum produced at the distillery, as well as typical Mauritian Crafts, jewels and exclusive line of clothes created by the Rhumerie.
L'Alchimiste Restaurant is surrounded by tropical divine and luxuriant flora which overlooks the plantations at the Rhumerie de Chamarel Distillery. This and the calm atmosphere of the region culminate in the L'Alchimiste restaurant where the chef prepares tantalising dishes for you to enjoy as part of this lunch set menu.
The restaurant specializes in a unique and exquisite cuisine since fruits and vegetables are cultivated in the estate itself.