Hiking Trip - Tamarind Falls - Half Day
Half Day Hiking with Guide to Tamarind Falls
- Half day trek to Tamarind Falls.
- Possibility to swim in the big pond at the feet of the waterfall.
- Skilled guide will be by your side all along to guarantee your safety and guide you through the best available paths.
08:30 - 12:00
Level of Difficulty
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age: 10 years old and above (must be accompanied by at least one parent)
- Discounts for Groups - 5 or more people. The larger your group the larger your discount!
- Note: The group must do the activity together on the same day.
- Bring along: It is recommended to bring hiking shoes, sunscreen and mosquito repellent, and spare set of clothes.
- Note: The trek may be undertaken by someone with little or no previous hiking experience.
About the Group Offer - Half Day Hike trip to Tamarind Falls
This half day Hike trip to Tamarind Falls is moderate, fun and accessible to all. It starts with a path which allows you to come down in the gorge. Sometimes the walk will be in the forest, or in an open area on the basalt rock nearby. You will be stunned by the view from the waterfall of 40 meters.
Feel free to have a swim in the water or enjoy a natural massage standing under the cascade. The hike continues by passing a 12metres waterfall. A 20meters waterfall will still be circumvented to access a natural pond. There, you can take a refreshing swim in the cool, clear water. The Hike ends above the big 55meters waterfall with its marvelous view, over the green canyon. Looking back to the first waterfall, you will get a better idea of how high these magnificent waterfalls really are.
The more daring ones can lie on the stomach just near the waterfall edge and look down 55 meters for a real thrill.
About twenty minutes of ascent will allow you to join our point of departure.
About Tamarind Falls
Region: South West Mauritius
Situated on the central plateau, near the small village of Henrietta, the Tamarind Falls canyon is the one canyon of Mauritius which you really do not want to miss. With its 11 waterfalls, multiple jumps, deep ponds and lush green vegetation; Tamarind falls remains one of the most beautiful canyons of the Island that will suit the beginner to the hardcore adventurer.
This is one of the most beautiful and calmest places in Mauritius, and one of the best places for nature and animals lovers, where one can find many exotic plants and birds. The magnificent location of Tamarind Falls hosts breath-taking views over the West coast and Le Morne, a sight not to be missed.