Swim With Dolphins - 2.5 Hours Speed Boat Trip
Experience a unique 2.5 hours swimming with dolphins’ activity in their natural surroundings on a speed boat.
Upon arrival at the welcome centre, a delicious continental breakfast will be served at around 7 a.m. Then you will get onboard the speed boat, the skipper will brief you on the experience you will enjoy. You will be off for a wonderful two and half hours in the open sea....
You’ll plunge into the remarkable world of these marine mammals and come face to face with the dolphins.
Unlike many other dolphin activities that limit a swim with dolphins’ program to pools or shallow water encounters, we provide the unique opportunity to enter the dolphins’ natural environment and enjoy an encounter with the dolphins in open sea.
During the trip, you will also have the opportunity to admire the strikingly beautiful scenery and unspoiled South West coast.
Private Option: Upon request we also offer this dolphins’ trip on exclusive-private basis for you to enjoy a trip in your own private boat for the day.
Swimming with dolphins offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
This trip is done on speed boats, as it is much easier to look for the dolphins in comparison to catamarans which take much more time to arrive to the Dolphins sites. With a catamaran you will have less time to spend with the dolphins and more time will be spent on the journey there and back.
The briefing will also include such aspects as:
- Types of dolphins which you will encounter
- Dolphin’s habits
- Guidelines for sustainable dolphin watching
- Security measures on the boat
- Swimming with dolphins procedures
As part of this dolphins’ trip, the following is included:
- A tasty continental breakfast which will be served at the welcome centre at 7 a.m. (Tea, Coffee, Juice, Water, Pain Chocolat, Croissant, Fruits, Biscuits)
- 2.5 hours trip on a speed boat
- Briefing on security and dolphins
- Opportunity to swim with dolphins
- Snorkeling equipment
Q: Which dolphins can be observed in Mauritius?
Dolphins lived in pods of around 20 individuals or more and can be observed swimming casually from Tamarin (on the west coast of Mauritius) on their way to the deep sea off the coast of le Morne peninsula, early in the morning.
The Dolphins, the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Spinner Dolphin, have made the West Coast of Mauritius a place for them to rest and sleep before going to the deep sea for their fishing.
Q: Do I have to know how to swim?
Swimming is optional as such, it is not compulsory to know how to swim. You can stay on the boat and see the dolphins from onboard.
Q: Do you have any swim with dolphins’ excursion which starts at a later time or in the afternoon?
Our swim with dolphins’ activities start early morning at a fixed time, 7.30am to see the maximum number of dolphins.
The dolphins stay in the lagoon in the early morning and in the afternoon; they will be going back to the deep sea to fish.
Operating Days: All Days
Activity Time: 7:30 - 10:00
- This trip is very popular, so please make sure to book this activity enough time in advance.
- This speed boat is suitable for any age.
- There is a guarantee of 90% that you will see the Dolphins, but if this is not the case, there will be no money back but instead we will offer you to join a second trip free of charge.
- The trip is not recommended for pregnant women.
Note: Breakfast will be served as from 7.00am.