Swim With Dolphins - 2.5 Hours Speed Boat Trip
Swim With Dolphins - 2.5 Hours Speed Boat Trip Package
- 2 ½ - hour trip on a speed boat
- Briefing on security and dolphins and safety guidelines
- Opportunity to swim with dolphins
- Snorkeling equipment
07:30 - 10:00
Conditions & Additional info
- Note: You are kindly requested to call us on 269-1500 to confirm the availability before proceeding with the booking
- Minimum age: This speed boat is suitable for any age.
- Restrictions: The trip is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Reservation: This trip is very popular, so please make sure to book this activity in advance.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival.
- There is a guarantee of 90% that you will see the Dolphins, but if this is not the case, there will be no money back but instead we will offer you to join a second trip free of charge.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Swim With Dolphins - 2.5 Hours Speed Boat Trip Description
Experience a unique 2.5 hours swimming with dolphins’ activity in their natural surroundings on a speed boat.
Upon arrival at the welcome centre get aboard the speed boat, where the skipper will brief you on the experience you will enjoy. You will be off for a wonderful two and half hours in the open sea....
You’ll plunge into the remarkable world of these marine mammals and come face to face with the dolphins.
Unlike many other dolphin activities that limit a swim with dolphins’ program to pools or shallow water encounters, we provide the unique opportunity to enter the dolphins’ natural environment and enjoy an encounter with the dolphins in open sea.
During the trip, you will also have the opportunity to admire the strikingly beautiful scenery and unspoiled South West coast.
Private Option: Upon request we also offer this dolphins’ trip on exclusive-private basis for you to enjoy a trip in your own private boat for the day.
More Information on the swimming with dolphins trip
Swimming with dolphins offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
This trip is done on speed boats, as it is much easier to look for the dolphins in comparison to catamarans which take much more time to arrive to the Dolphins sites. With a catamaran you will have less time to spend with the dolphins and more time will be spent on the journey there and back.
The briefing will also include such aspects as:
- Types of dolphins which you will encounter
- Dolphin’s habits
- Guidelines for sustainable dolphin watching
- Security measures on the boat
- Swimming with dolphins procedures
Faqs about the swimming with dolphins trip
Q: Which dolphins can be observed in Mauritius?
Dolphins lived in pods of around 20 individuals or more and can be observed swimming casually from Tamarin (on the west coast of Mauritius) on their way to the deep sea off the coast of le Morne peninsula, early in the morning.
The Dolphins, the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Spinner Dolphin, have made the West Coast of Mauritius a place for them to rest and sleep before going to the deep sea for their fishing.
Q: Do I have to know how to swim?
Swimming is optional as such, it is not compulsory to know how to swim. You can stay on the boat and see the dolphins from onboard.
Q: Do you have any swim with dolphins’ excursion which starts at a later time or in the afternoon?
Our swim with dolphins’ activities start early morning at a fixed time, 7.30am to see the maximum number of dolphins.
The dolphins stay in the lagoon in the early morning and in the afternoon; they will be going back to the deep sea to fish.