Swim with Dolphins + Visit Benitiers Island (Full Day)
- A tasty continental breakfast will be served at the welcome centre at 07h00. (Tea, Coffee, Juice, Water, Pain au Chocolat, Croissant, Fruits, Biscuits)
- 2 ½ hours at the sea, swimming with the dolphins
- Cruising inside the lagoon on speed boat
- Visit the Crystal Rock; Trip to the beautiful Benitiers island; Explore the amazing lagoons and coral reefs around the island
- A delicious BBQ lunch on the island + drinks
7:30 - 14:30
Conditions & Additional info
- Reservation: This trip is very popular, so please make sure to book this activity enough time in advance.
- Age Limit: This speed boat is suitable for any age.
- Restriction: The trip is not recommended for pregnant women.
- What to bring: It is recommended to bring: sunscreen, bathing suit, short pants to wear with the wetsuit, spare set of clothes, towel, sport shoes, mosquito repellent, waterproofed camera (camera cover).
- You are kindly requested to call us on 269-1500 to confirm availability before proceeding with the booking
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival.
- Breakfast will be served as from 07h00.
- There is a guarantee of 90% that you will see the Dolphins, but if this is not the case, there will be no money back but instead we will offer you to join a second trip free of charge.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Upon arrival at the welcome centre, a delicious continental breakfast will be served at around 7 a.m. Enjoy a Full-day activity of swimming with dolphins on a speed boat, including a visit to Benitiers Island and a complete delicious lunch on the island.
The trip starts at 7.30 am with a briefing onboard the speed boat by the skipper on the day experience and then you will be off for a wonderful experience of swimming alongside the dolphins in the open sea. You’ll plunge into the remarkable world of the dolphins and come face to face with them.
After the 2.5 hours outing with the dolphins, you will also traveling to the Crystal Rock and have a magnificent view on the Le Morne Mountain. Before heading for Benitiers Island for lunch, you will enjoy a snorkeling break and swim in the lagoon.
As soon as you will reach Benitiers Island, the wonderful cooks will start preparing the lunch which is served at around noon. After lunch you can enjoy some relaxation time - have the leisure to tan on the beach, walk around the island or explore the amazing lagoon through swimming and snorkeling.
Private Option: Upon request we also offer this dolphins’ trip on exclusive-private basis for you to enjoy a trip in your own private boat for the day.
You will be traveling to Benitiers Island for lunch. The wonderful cooks will start preparing the lunch as soon as you will be on the island and within an hour you will be eating a delicious lunch.
BBQ Lunch menu:
- Grilled Kebabs
- Seafood and Fish
- Garlic Bread
- Dessert: Banana Flambé
Drinks served on the island: Coca, Sprite, Water, Fruit Juice, Wine and Beer.
Note: If you are a vegetarian, please inform us before, so we can arrange the necessary additions to the lunch.
Swimming with dolphins offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
This trip is done on speed boats, as it is much easier to look for the dolphins in comparison to catamarans which take much more time to arrive to the Dolphins sites. With a catamaran you will have less time to spend with the dolphins and more time will be spent on the journey there and back.
The briefing will also include such aspects as:
- Types of dolphins which you will encounter
- Dolphin’s habits
- Guidelines for sustainable dolphin watching
- Security measures on the boat
- Swimming with dolphins procedures
Q: Which dolphins can be observed in Mauritius?
Dolphins lived in pods of around 20 individuals or more and can be observed swimming casually from Tamarin (on the west coast of Mauritius) on their way to the deep sea off the coast of le Morne peninsula, early in the morning.
The Dolphins, the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Spinner Dolphin, have made the West Coast of Mauritius a place for them to rest and sleep before going to the deep sea for their fishing.
Q: Do I have to know how to swim?
Swimming is optional as such, it is not compulsory to know how to swim. You can stay on the boat and see the dolphins from onboard.
Q: Do you have any swim with dolphins’ excursion which starts at a later time or in the afternoon?
Our swim with dolphins’ activities start early morning at a fixed time, 7.30am to see the maximum number of dolphins.
The dolphins stay in the lagoon in the early morning and in the afternoon; they will be going back to the deep sea to fish.