Mauritius Skydive - Tandem Skydiving
Skydiving in Mauritius
- Tandem skydive experience with a qualified instructor
- 10,000 ft. Skydive
- 25-min plane ride
- 25 seconds free fall
- 5-min parachute flight
Optional (for a supplement)
- Pictures (+/-200 pics)
- Video & Pictures Combo
Monday to Saturday
06h30 - 17h00
Mon Loisir, Rivière du Rempart
Conditions & Additional info
- Booking Deposit (Not Refundable) - To secure your Skydive session, an advance payment of Rs 500 per person is required.
- Outstanding Amount - The outstanding amount of Rs 10,500 per person should be paid on the day of the skydive activity directly at the airfield before the jump.
- Skydive Pendrive - You can also choose to have either pictures or videos of your Skydive saved in a Pendrive for an additional charge of Rs 4,000. The booking and payment for the Pendrive should be done at the airfield before the jump.
- Deposit Per Participant for the Tandem Skydive: Rs 500
Minimum age: 18 years old
Minimum weight: 40 kg
Maximum weight: 95 kg
Health and Safety Requirements:
- The sport requires being in reasonable physical condition.
- A waiver form will need to be signed by participants.
- You are not allowed to skydive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You cannot skydive if you have a cold.
- You must not suffer from any physical or chronic illness and be on any medication or drugs.
- You must provide full disclosure if you’ve been scuba diving 24 hours prior to the skydive
- You must wear close-toed shoes that can be laced or strapped up tightly.
- This activity can only be carried out if weather conditions permit.
- The operator reserves the right to reschedule the activity should safety be compromised and the right to turn away any person not meeting the safety requirements
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
As per the Deals.mu
About the Tandem Skydiving Package
Deals.mu gives you the incredible opportunity to cross off a thing on your bucket list – Skydiving! Enjoy a tandem skydiving package at a discounted rate including a 10,000 ft. skydive with a professional instructor and a 25-second freefall in Mauritius.
Skydiving is an adrenaline-pumping activity most adventurous people have on their bucket lists. More than incredible sensations, it is a fun way to help you realize that you’re stronger than you think you are.
The beauty of tandem skydiving is that it does not require first time skydivers to go through hours of training in order to skydive. As part of this package you will get to experience a 10,000 ft. skydive adventure in the Northeast region of the island, starting with a 25-minute plane flight to reach the optimal altitude from which you will jump off, harnessed to a professional instructor.
Then, in the open air you will experience flying – free falling through the sky for about half a minute reaching a speed of 200 Km/h, before the instructor opens the canopy and you get to glide down in air for about 5 minutes, taking in the beautiful panoramic views of the spectacular scenery on your way down until you safely land at the dropzone.
You will have a complete 360º, bird’s eye view of Mauritius's awesome coastal, inland and mountain scenery.This is your once in a lifetime chance to fly over the top of one of the most spectacular island’s in the world.
About Tandem Skydiving
Tandem skydiving refers to a type of skydiving where a student skydiver is connected via a harness to a tandem instructor. The instructor guides the student through the whole jump from exit through freefall, piloting the canopy, and landing. The student needs only minimal instructions before making a tandem jump.
Tandem skydiving is a very popular training method for first time skydivers. The training before the jump may consist of basic training including how to exit the aircraft, how to do manoeuvres in freefall, and how to deploy the main canopy themselves.
However, the tandem skydiving instructor remains primarily responsible for safe and timely parachute deployment. Once you take the big leap, you will come to the understanding that it is possible to overcome your fears, no matter how big they may seem, making it much easier for you to achieve your goals in life without being riddled with self-doubt.
Modern parachute equipment is very reliable and instances of malfunctions are rare. However, in the unlikely event of a fault with the main parachute, the system is fitted with a back-up reserve parachute to guarantee maximum safety.