Full Day Sightseeing Tour In Rodrigues
Curious about Rodrigues Island? Deals.mu offers you the chance to discover the island and its charms in this private tour. We will take you to the most splendid viewpoints where you will absorb the unique scenery that this stunning mountainous gem has to offer. Discover the island and the lifestyle of its calm and welcoming inhabitants.
As you set off to explore this little haven à la Rodriguaise, you will first make a stop at the Port Mathurin, the capital. With the markets during the weekends and the colourful stores, Port Mathurin is a bustling market where you can indulge in some shopping. Do not miss the local tangy pickles and honey!
Your next stop is the St Gabriel Cathedral. The grand and beautiful church is very much part of the Rodriguan culture. Next, a ride uphill to Point Pompey guarantees a breathtaking view of Rodrigues, offering a panoramic 360° view over the island.
After admiring the great views of the lagoon and the village downhill, head to the famous Caverne Patate. Discover amazing shapes sculpted in the rocks during this guided tour of the cave. Your final destination is the Cascade Pistache. Treat your senses with the rhythm of the water and the sight of this spectacular waterfall!
As part of the Day Trip, the following is included:
- Transportation to all the sights, including pick-up from any place of accommodation in Rodrigues
- Visit to Port Mathurin Local and craft market
- Shopping at Port Mathurin – The capital of Rodrigues
- Tour of the Cathedral of St Gabriel
- Viewpoint of Point Pompey
- Visit of the ‘Caverne Patate’ caves
- The Cascade Pistache Waterfalls
- Entry tickets to all the sights as part of this tour
- A personal driver guide to show you around and inform you on each of the sights
As part of the trip, you will also get to enjoy a delicious traditional lunch served in a local restaurant at an additional cost. Below, you can have more information about the lunch menu.
The traditional lunch includes:
- Fish in multiple sauces
- Meat with various cooking / Octopus
- Red Beans
- Rice mixed with corn
- Green salads accompanied by local chilli
Drinks: fruit juice, mineral water
Please note that the lunch as part of the trip is variable – depending upon the menu of the day.
Operating days: Monday - Saturday
Duration: 7 hours
Activity Time: 09:00 – 16:00, upon request, it is possible to start or finish the tour in a different time.
Lunch Menu: Lunch is offered at an additional cost and changes on a daily basis as per the day's menu.
About the drivers:
- All drivers speak fluent English and French
- All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly.
Choice of vehicles:
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
- Family car: Up to 4 passengers
- Minibus: Up to 15 passengers