Shared Big Game Fishing - Black River (50ft boat)
- A Full day activity with departure from Black River (south west of Mauritius) at 7:00, and return at around 16:00
- Trip on-board our 50ft boat, which is one of the biggest on the West coast and is excellently equipped for your ultimate big game fishing adventure.
- Our experienced crew who will combine their skills to set up the perfect lines, best suited to that day’s fishing conditions.
- A spectacular view of the Black River mountain range, and of the magnificent Le Morne Mountain and the beautiful Le Morne peninsula.
- There are 2 shower units and a toilet on board.
- Snorkeling equipment is provided free of charge
- A light breakfast
- A delicious BBQ lunch served on-board
- Selection of complimentary drinks served on-board
Only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
7:00 - 16:00
Conditions & Additional info
Minimum age requirement: Children of any age are allowed to go on this activity, however as it is a long journey and the fishing is done out in the Deep sea, our recommendation is to go on this activity as from the age of 5 years
Boat Capacity: Maximum of 8 passengers on the 50ft boat, with no more than 3 anglers at one time
Restrictions: Not recommended for pregnant women
- When getting on-board, a lucky draw will be proposed to define the order to hold the fishing rods.
- After the sweating is done, you let us know if you want to let youour marlin or shark go.
What to bring: We suggest bringing towels, hats, t-shirts and extra sun block cream for sun protection, and cameras.
Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Deals.mu has the extreme pleasure to offer its clients a specially designed full day Big Game Fishing trip package on shared basis.
The Deep Sea fishing trip starts at 7.00 am , and you will be welcomed on-board with a light breakfast, following which you will have a short per-departure briefing by the boat’s captain.
You will have the opportunity to cruise inside the Tamarind Bay seeing the dolphins. As this is a full day trip, you will have plenty of time to reach far into the deep sea and seek for the really big catches such as the giant Blue Marlin. Our 50ft boat is one of the biggest in Mauritius, giving us the opportunity to offer better comfort and higher level of services to our clients.
At around noon, the boat will cruise from the deep sea back to the lagoon taking a break from the adrenaline pumping fishing activity. It's time to enjoy the beautiful West coast for a delicious BBQ lunch, swimming, snorkeling and some relaxation before heading back to the deep sea for some more big game fishing activity.
Expected arrival time to Black River is 4.00 pm.
BBQ Lunch Menu
As part of this full day activity on our 50ft boat, a delicious full BBQ Lunch will be served on-board close to the amazing West coast, out looking the beautiful coastlines and landscape, from the sea, away from the busy world.
The BBQ lunch menu consists of appetizers, seafood skewers, BBQ chicken, fish, along with salads and garlic bread and Banana flambé as dessert. The lunch is served and prepared by our skippers.
Selection of complimentary drinks: Water, Soft Drinks (Coke, Sprite), Juice, Rhum, Beer and Wine.
About the Fishing Boat
The fishing boat is an ideal all-day cruising vessel that also endures heavy weather with ease. The main deck is spacious to effortlessly fit your prize catch and also offers seating on the fly bridge for elevated views of the striking West coast surroundings.
Boat size: 50 feet in length (about 16 meters)
Navigation equipment: Furumo GPS, compass Platimor Offshore, Sondeur Furumo
Safety equipment: 15 life jackets, 2 life buoys, medical box, fire extinguishers, anchor, automatic and manual water pump
Fishing equipment: Penn International reels (typically a selection of 130 lbs, 80 lbs and 50 lbs), harness, bucket, gaff, 2 units of outriggers, 3 fighting chairs and wide choice of lures and exciters.
Other equipment: 1 BBQ Grill, fresh water tank and pump, toilet, berth, cool box, binoculars and CD player Should you have any particular preferences regarding reels or the fishing line’s breaking strain, let us know as we have a large stock of equipment from which to draw. We are passionate about fishing and can easily cater for the most fanatical of anglers. We will just need some warning to prepare all that you request.