Sea Kayaking Trip to Ile d'Ambre (Full Day)
- Paddle through the mangroves of Ile d’Ambre
- Visit the ruins & forests of this tranquil islet and discover its history
- Learn about the mangroves and its vital role in the marine ecosystem.
- Picnic Lunch, water and Juice
- Kayaks and its equipments including; dry bags, lycra gloves, caps, masks and snorkels.
- Experienced and professional guides
- Free time for swimming and relaxation on Bernache island
From 09h00 - 15h30
Easy to Average
Conditions & Additional info
- 3 Single Kayaks (4.0m-4.5m)
- 6 doubles kayaks (4.5m-5.5m)
- The kayaks are equipped with: hatches, back rests, tow ropes and all safety gear, including feathered paddles and personal flotation devices (PFD).
- All kayaks are equipped with a watertight compartment to store your spare clothing, cameras and other valuables.
Minimum age: 8 years old
Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
What to bring: It is highly recommended to bring sea sandals or shoes, mask and snorkels, sunscreen, towel, swimsuit and spare set of clothes
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
This is an original, ecological and fun adventure trip riding your own professional sea kayaks to discover Ile d’Ambre’s beautiful lagoons, rivers, nature and hidden beaches.
This kayaking adventure will start with a short briefing on safety instructions, before wearing the life jackets and riding the kayaks in the open sea. First, you will be heading from our mainland to Ile d'Ambre riding the kayak in the open sea, then, upon arrival to the island, you would ride your kayaks alongside the island’s channels unveiling the island’s true beauty.
Ile d'Ambre is an islet (islet = small island) located inside the lagoon at the north east of Mauritius’ main land having a varied vegetation. One of the most interesting features of Ile d'Ambre is the flora all around it, creating small shady water alleys under which it is nice to paddle in kayaks.
This is a great chance for you to enjoy a kayaking trip while discovering the virgin natural beauty some of our islets, their vegetation and the unique marine eco system.
The full day will continue for a picnic lunch and a swim at Bernache Island. Ending the day with a kayaking paddle over crystal clear lagoons back to shore.
Regardless of your degree of expertise, this is great opportunity to take part in an exhilarating sport, and see the glorious sights that can be found nowhere but in Mauritius. Whether you choose one of the breezy, calmer routes, or decide to venture out into the deep ocean waters, you are sure to have a great time.
About the guide and the spirit of the trip - Sea Kayaking excursions will be under the experienced and professional guidance of one of the most experienced guides in Mauritius with years of experience in leading kayaking trips, while sharing his local knowledge, passion, and love of nature. All trips are organized with high emphasis on safety, while following all safety regulations and proving full safety gear.
Each trip is carried out with total respect towards nature and while making it a top priority to stress the importance of its preservation.
Sea Kayaking in Mauritius: When you take part in kayaking, it will give you the opportunity to experience much of the natural beauty of Mauritius from close. Whether it includes the fine greenery of the lagoons, or the magnificent open waters of the Indian Ocean, it is unlikely that you will ever see such splendor of nature anywhere else.