Saint Aubin House (Visit & Tour)
Saint Aubin House (Visit & Tour) Package
- A guide to lead you around
- Visit of the “Rum” House and Tasting
- Visit of the Vanilla House
- Visit of the Anthurium (flowers) greenhouses
- Visit of the tropical garden
Monday to Saturday
Monday - Friday: 08:30 to 16:00
Saturday: 08:30 to 13:30
1 - 2 Hours
Conditions & Additional info
Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
Saint Aubin House Visit & Tour Package Description
The Saint Aubin house was built in 1819. It has been home to several managers of the sugar estate, before being renovated in the 90's in order to preserve a part of the Mauritian heritage. Today one may still see the beams and ship poles used in its original construction.
Visiting the Saint Aubin house is the third stop in taking the Mauritian Tea Route (the first stop is the Domaine des Aubineaux and the second stop is Bois Cheri).
The estate produces sugar cane which is then processed to make sugar as well as delicious rum. The manufacture of which you may see during your visit to the distillery.
You will also discover the interesting transformation process of the vanilla orchid from the flower to the aromatic pod.
Saint Aubin House (Visit & Tour) - Food & Beverages
We highly recommend that you will end your tour with a special 5 course typical Mauritian lunch (offered at supplement) at the highly recommended restaurant of “Le Saint Aubin”.
The meal consists of:
- Welcome cocktail and snacks
- Palm heart Salad and Smoked Marlin
- Chicken in Creole Style with Saffron Rice and Chutneys OR Chicken in vanilla with Rice and Chutneys
- Coconut Mousse or Fruit Sorbet
- Tea / coffee
In case you would like to learn more about our country's rich colonial history and learn more on the importance of tea productions, we also recommend the following visits:
- Bois Cheri (Visit & Tour)
- Domaine Des Aubineaux (Visit & Tour)