Quad Or Buggy Ride In Nature At Domaine De L’etoile Reserve
Domaine De l’Etoile: Quad/ Buggy Ride
- Welcome cocktail
- Test drive & security briefing
- Sanitary caps with helmets
- Helmets, goggles, coats, are also provided
- 2 hours quad biking OR 2 hours 4x4 buggy guided tour (Quad Bike: Arctic Cat and Caram 400 cc automatic Buggy 4x4 Vehicle: Kymko UXV 500cc) Note: Buggy Not Available for the moment
- Privileged access to the private domains with rich wildlife including Kestrels, Mauritian Cardinals, Java Stag Deers, boars, monkeys and bats as well as rare species of birds like the “Cateau Vert”.
- Mineral Water during the tour
- Refreshing towel after tour
- Hot showers are available for the use after activity
Offered thrice a day at: 10h00 or 13h30 or 15h30
Conditions & Additional info
- You have to be 17 years old or older to drive the quad or buggy
- Buggy: Children above the age of 8 years old can enjoy this activity as a passenger
- Quad: Children above the age of 12 years old can enjoy this activity as a passenger
Maximum capacity per tour:
- Quad: 15 quad bikes x 2 people per quad = 30 persons
- Buggy: 4 buggies x 2 people = 8 people Note: Buggy Not Available for the moment
- An initiation circuit is compulsory so the guides can evaluate the driving capacity of each client
- Pregnant women and physically challenged people are not authorized to go on this excursion
What to bring: It is recommended for participants to wear sports shoes with socks and to wear long trousers. Sun block cream, mosquito repellent, good footwear and a camera!
We recommend bringing spare clothes in case you would like to have shower after the excursion
Note: The quad biking trip is done in small groups led by experienced guides
Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
2-hour Quad or Buggy Adventure at Domaine De l’Etoile
Fasten your seat belts and get ready for an amazing moment on the off-road tracks with a 2-hour Quad or Buggy adventure brought to you by Deals.mu.
Ride through 1200 hectares of green hills, mountains, ponds and rivers of the Domaine De L'Etoile Réserve. As part of the trip, you will explore large plantations, indigenous forests, lush valleys and rivers. Your guide will make sure to show you all the hidden gems found along the way and provide interesting information on the spectacular surroundings. You will also be introduced to the endemic flora and fauna of the island.
From up the mountains you will have a remarkable, panoramic view of our island- from west to east, and north to south, including the central plateaus, Lion Mountain, the Moka range and the entire coastal region.
- 09:45 Arrive at the reserve and receive a refreshing welcome cocktail
- 10:00 - 10:15 You will have a briefing session by the instructors followed by a Test Drive on the quad
- 10:15 - 12:00 Adventure time! Enjoy 2 hours of Quad Biking or a Buggy Ride while discovering the fauna and flora of the Domaine de l’Etoile reserve as well as enjoying spectacular views
- 12:00 Return to the Domaine
Domaine de L’Etoile Restaurant
The Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant is a ravishing restaurant found in the reserve, situated next to the Grand River South-East with stunning views onto the mountain.
At this restaurant, you will be offered a buffet allowing you to savour the typical Mauritian cuisine inspired from the diverse cultures present in Mauritius. The restaurant also proposes a fusion cuisine.
The irresistible charm of the restaurant is further enhanced by the beautiful natural surroundings and the thatched roof. The tables at Domaine de L'Etoile restaurant are set under the veranda of the main reception building. From here, you get spectacular views of the Mauritian mountains. On the foreground is the superb English lawn, which only accentuates the idyllic setting of the restaurant.
Starters- "Ti-Madame" Gajack
- Garlic bread and homemade samossas
- Coriander chutney and crushed chili
- Octopus salad, ridge gourd and garden green
Main Course - Live cooking station
- Traditional chicken curry
- Rougaille of the day
- Chicken BBQ with Lemon and Honey
- Chicken Sausages
- Grilled Catch of the Day with Coriander and Ginger
- Domaine Venison Dry Curry
- Plain rice and pulses
- Green banana curry and stewed pumpkin
- Chatini and sambals selection
Desert of the day
- Domaine's café gourmand
A choice of one of the following:
- Chicken or fish nuggets, chip and juice
- Marinated farmer`s chicken burger, chips and juice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise or Carbonara, chips and juice
About Domaine de l’Etoile
Previously a private hunting domain, and only recently opened to the public, this Domaine remained one of the most preserved regions of Mauritius.
The domain counts English gardens, rivers, and indigenous woods which are rich in hundreds of different varieties of plants and trees, including the most ancient ebony trees of Mauritius and other endemic species as well as cinnamon trees, vetivers, orchids, traveler’s trees, banana trees and more.
A large river flows through the Domaine as well as trickling streams and flowing waterfalls.
Domaine de l’Etoile is best described as a wonderful and enchanting area where all nature lovers can enjoy themselves. A number of activities are offered, including, Quad biking, Horse riding and Hiking circuits. Visitors will witness, in turns, spectacular panoramas, Java deers and endemic birds. There is also an onsite restaurant which presents a quiet and peaceful environment where guests can recall the special moments of the day while enjoying the tasty local cuisine.
Domaine de l’Etoile - Optional Activities
With this, as you will already be at the Domaine, in case you will be interested, you also have the possibility to enjoy the following activities which are also offered at the Domaine: