Quad in Nature at the East Coast (Etoile Reserve)
2 hours of Quad Biking activity in the 2,000 hectares of green hills, mountains, ponds and rivers of the Domaine De L'Etoile reserve.
As part of the quad biking trip, you will past large plantations, indigenous forests, lush valleys and rivers. Your guide will make sure to show you all the hidden gems found along the way and to provide interesting information on the spectacular surroundings and introduce you to the endemic flora and fauna.
From up the mountains you will have a remarkable panoramic view of big part of our island from west to east, north to south, including the central plateaus, Lion Mountain, the Moka range and the entire coastal region.
- 09:45 Arrival at the reserve having a refreshing welcome cocktail
- 10:00 - 10:15 You will have a briefing session by the instructors followed by a Test Drive on the quad
- 10:15 - 12:15 Adventure time. Enjoy 2 hours of Quad Biking while discovering the fauna and flora of the Domaine de l’Etoile reserve
- **12:00 - 13:00 Return to the domaine’s restaurant for a delicious Mauritian Buffet lunch (optional)
Traditional Mauritian lunch buffet (optional)
For an additional cost, we can arrange for you the Mauritian lunch buffet and below, you can have more information about the lunch menu:
Beef Dry Curry, Chicken in Créole Sauce, Chinese cabbage, Lentils, Pumpkins, Rice, Pasta, Sauteed salted fish, Aubergine Chutney, Tomato Chutney, Coconuts & peanuts chutney, Vegetables pickles, Caramelized papaya in fresh orange flavour.
More about the landscape
Previously a private hunting domain, and only recently opened to the public, this Domaine remained one of the most preserved region of Mauritius.
The domain counts English garden, rivers, and indigenous woods rich of hundreds of different varieties of plants and trees, including the most ancient ebony trees of Mauritius and other endemic species as well as cinnamon trees, vetivers, orchids, traveler’s trees, banana trees and more.
A large river flows through the Domaine as well as trickling streams and flowing waterfalls.
Included in the price of the Quad biking activity:
- Welcome cocktail
- Test drive & security briefing
- Sanitary caps with helmets
- 2 hours quad biking guided tour
- The privilege to access the private domains on their rich wildlife of Kestrel, Mauritian Cardinals Java Stag Deers, boars, monkey and bats as well as the rare species of birds like the “Cateau Vert” and the “Crescerelle.”
- Mineral Water during the tour
- Refreshing towel after tour
The quad biking trip is done in small groups led by experienced guides.
With this, as you will already be at the Domaine, in case you will be interested, you also have the possibility to enjoy the following activity which is also offered at the Domaine:
- Horse Riding Excursion
Operating Days: All Days
Activity Time: offered thrice a day at: 10:00 am, 13:30 Pm and 15:30 Pm
Duration: 2 hours
Quad bikes Brands: Arctic Cat 400 cc automatic
Maximum capacity per tour: 10 quad bikes x 2 people per quad = 20 persons
- Children above the age of 12 can enjoy this activity alongside an adult on a double quad bike
- You have to be 17 years old or more to drive a quad
- An initiation circuit is compulsory so the guides can evaluate the driving capacity of each client
- Pregnant women and physically challenged person are not authorized to go on this excursion
- Helmets, goggles, coats, are also provided
- Hot showers and refreshing towels are available for the use of visitors. Accordingly, we recommend bringing spare clothes in case you would like to have shower after the excursion
What to bring: It is recommended to participants to wear sports shoes with socks and to wear long trousers. Sun block cream, mosquito repellent, good footwear and a camera!