Piton De La petite Rivière Noire Hiking Trip
- A hike to the highest peak in Mauritius
- Explore the west of the island through the green forests of the gorges
- Discover different viewpoints towards the South, the Morne Brabant lagoon and the Black River Gorges
- Professional Hiking guides
- Snacks and Water
- Hiking Equipment
09:30 - 13:00
Level of Difficulty
Average - High
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age: 10 years old and above
- Discounts for Groups - 5 or more people. The larger your group the larger your discount!
- Note: The group must do the activity together on the same day
- As from 10pax, the package does not include Snacks and Water, it includes WATER only.
- Bring along: It is recommended to bring hiking shoes, sun cream and mosquito repellent, and spare set of clothes
As per the cancellation policy of Deals.mu
Experience the natural beauty of Mauritius from its highest peak.
Arguably one of the ‘must do’ mountain hikes in Mauritius is the mountain climbing hike taking you all the way up to its highest peak at 828 meters (2717 feet) high. Piton de la Petite Riviere Noire is found on the far western side of the Black river Gorges.
The first part of this trip is underneath a shady trail, surrounded by luxuriant vegetation. The walking trails are as scenic as the hike trail itself.
The second part is a little bit more demanding; being sometimes slippery. Climbing up through the mountain path, you will get sneak previews of the ever changing scenery down below.
The final climb, short but intense, take you to the summit of « Piton de Petite Riviere Noire », giving you a unique 360 degrees perspective. The peak stands a whopping 828 meters above sea level. The highest point in Mauritius, the Piton de la Petite Riviere Noire, boasts hiking trails with incredible views.
Keep your camera handy for capturing the breathtaking scenery of the rugged mountain vistas.
About the guide and the spirit of this Hiking trip
Region: Mauritius South West
This guided trek up the Piton De La petite Riviere Noire with our experienced guides would introduce you to the unknown paths through the green meadows and up the dense forests up the mountain.
The level commanded is from average to high since the first part of the hike is a comfortable walk through shady trail and flourishing vegetation whilst the central part of the hike is more demanding with various smooth slopes and ascents allowing you to have the spendthrift views of the western coast of the island.
The guided hikes take place in small groups of 2 to 12 people. All the necessary safety equipment as well as briefing is thoroughly supplied by the professional team of guides. You do need to have a medium level of physical strength to undertake this hike and hikers as young as 10 may join in if they are of course accompanied by an experienced adult hiker.