Paille en Queue Day Package
Rodrigues - Paille en Queue Day Package
Spend a wonderful day with your friends, family or colleagues, and discover the pristine beauty of Rodrigues with the Paille en Queue Day Package. It includes a hiking trip, ziplining, a boat ride and lunch.
This thrilled-packed adventure is especially designed for nature and adventure enthusiasts for a perfect rejuvenating experience while on holidays. Expect to climb up hills and go down lush valleys in the warm but pleasant temperature.
Be ready to discover the unparalleled beauty of the countryside and small villages, meet the welcoming local people, explore the highest point of the island, meet the graceful Paille en Queue (white-tailed tropic bird), go for a thrilling zip line at Montagne Malgache and eventually end your trip with a relaxing boat ride, and a mouth-watering barbecue menu!
Included in the Paille en Queue Day Package
The Paille En Queue Day Package includes:
- An enthusiastic guide to accompany you throughout the journey.
- 8-9 km of hiking from Mont Lubin to Mont Limon, including hiking through the Latanier woods.
- A perfect dose of adrenaline rush while Zip lining at Montagne Malgache.
- Discover the sublime Paille en Queue for a rare and memorable photo session.
- A relaxing boat ride in the afternoon to the Gravier beach or at one of the nearby pristine islets.
- A lip-smacking barbecue ( fish and salads adorned with a local touch) + drinks (local punch, beer, and water)
Paille en Queue Day Package - Package Conditions
Validity: 31st December 2018
Operating Day: Wednesdays
Activity Time: 09.30-16.00
Difficulty Level: Easy-Moderate
Minimum age requirement: 7 years old
Bring along: It is recommended to bring hiking shoes, sunscreen lotion, a cap, mosquito repellent, a spare set of clothes and of course, and a camera.
Itinerary of the Paille en Queue Day Package
Below is an approximate indication of the time schedule the trip:
- From 09:30 to 12.00 hrs: Departure from Mont Lubin to Mont Limon (Hiking Trail)
- Around 12:00 hrs- 13:00 hrs: Hiking through the woods at Latanier
- 13.00-14.00 hrs: Ziplining at Mont Malgache
- 14.00-14.30 hrs: Photo sessions-Paille en Queue
- 14:30-16.00 hrs: Enjoy a boat ride and enjoy a yummy barbecue at the Gravier Beach. You also have the option to have your lunch at one of the nearby pristine islets (at an additional cost).
About Paille en Queue Day Package
Region: Centre-South Eastern Coast
Start this amazing day trip at the small village of Mont Lubin to head towards Mont Limon, which is found at an elevated point (1,300 ft) of the island.
Starting from the Paille en Queue hiking trail, you will reach Mont Limon after about 2 hours and 30 minutes. You will surely be captivated by the scenic Rodriguan countryside which encompasses the rolling hills of wide grassland with screw pine trees and small narrow roads.
The Mont Limon is a nature reserve where you will have the chance to enjoy a pleasant and relaxing stroll in the woods of Latanier in the area itself. Let yourself be carried away by the panoramic view as you reach the top of Mont Limon and enjoy some fresh air.
Relax and let go, as you prepare yourself for the next exciting challenge-the ziplining! The zip line adventure takes you across 3 lush green valleys where you fly over the Montagne Malgache. The longest zip line is 400 meters long. It is followed by the second one which is 200 metres and a third one which is 100 metres long. You will definitely feast your eyes with the majestic scenery.
Those who have a keen interest about photography will surely be mesmerised by the presence of the graceful Paille en Queue (white-tailed oceanic bird) flying in the region. You also have the option to hire the services of a professional photographer if you want to have memorable, excellent quality of pictures at an additional cost.
After this exalting encounter you will eventually head to Gravier beach to enjoy a nice and relaxing boat ride to the South Eastern Coast of the island. If you fancy for a more exceptional afternoon, then you have the choice to visit at one of the nearby pristine islets.
To end this enthralling trip, you will have the privilege to dig into a succulent barbecue, accompanied with fresh salads, taste the special local punch made with lemon and the very well-known quality Rodriguan honey.