Le Fangourin Restaurant
Surrounded by a centuries-old vegetation, Le Fangourin is an attractive and inviting restaurant situated next to the L'Aventure du Sucre museum.
Set in the Beau Plan garden, the restaurant has an exceptional and rare setting. You will surely allow yourself to relax in such a stress-free environment at the restaurant. Moreover, the strategic position of the restaurant (between Port Louis and Grand Bay) makes it an ideal spot for business people as well as visitors.
Le Fangourin specialises in sophisticated Creole cuisine and all sorts of sugary delights. Inspired by the unique flavours of the island, the restaurant's cuisine maintains a rich Mauritian culinary heritage. With great care, the chefs also attempt to inculcate new flavours while preserving the Mauritian culinary tradition.
The restaurant offers services ranging from cocktails to various savoury foods and an amazing selection of deserts. For all your celebrations, it proposes a wide range of lunches and dinners, several menus, buffets and cocktails.
Location: L’Aventure du Sucre, Beau Plan, Pamplemousses
- Table D'Hote
- Live Music
- Open for Private events
- Special events arrangement
- A la Carte
- Catering serviec
- Child friendly
- Suitable for handicapped
- Option for Sitting outside/Garden
- Private room
- Romantic setting
The restaurant invites you to admire the beautiful and lush tropical landscape while dining. You will relish the perfect subtle and delicate cuisine that combines the flavours of our country. A lunch at Le Fangourin will indeed be an experience that will count as one of your best dining memories.
Meal Package details:
- Menu Options: The Le Fangourin Restaurant provides you with selection of thee possible menus to choose from, which are Menu A, Menu and Menu C.
- Child Menu: a special child friendly child menu is also on offer
- Lunch Meal: a complete extended 4 course set menu lunch meal of Finger Bites, Starter, Main Course, Side Dish, Condiments, Dessert & Drinks
- Drinks: included in all menu options are 500 ml mineral water & hot drink (Coffee / Tea)
- Lunch Hours: 12:00 - 15:00
- Days Available: Monday to Sunday
- Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance by phone & subject to availability
- A valid Mauritian National Identity Card or resident permit should be presented upon arrival
You have the freedom to choose from a 3 possible set menus. All the set menus are identical except for the main dish which is different as part of each menu.
Appetizer: Fangourin finger bites served with garlic butter toasted tartines
Starter: Freshly prepared Mauritian fish salad with Rodrigues lemon confit
Main course (3 options to choose from):
- MENU A - Homemade chicken curry,local vegetable fricassé, accompanied with Faratha, sautéed rice with sultanas and cucumber salad
- MENU B - Pan fried grouper fillet with vegetables fricassé, accompanied with Sautéed rice with sultanas and cucumber salad
- MENU C - Traditionally slow cooked venison served with breadfruit bites, accompanied with sautéed rice with sultanas and cucumber salad
Dessert: Pure dark chocolate mousse with a hint of molasses
Drinks: 0.5L water and Coffee or Infusion
Children Lunch Menu:
- Main Dish (3 options to choose from): Bolognese / Tomato Neapolitan / Chicken or beef burger topped with cheese, French fries, Mixed Salad
- Dessert: Pancake filled with Demerara sugar and chocolate
- Drink: ½ water