Crocodile Affamé Restaurant (La Vanille)
Located at the very south of our island, Le Crocodile Affamé Restaurant is part of the "La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes" nature park. Built among the treetops, Le Crocodile Affamé Restaurant is surrounded by beautiful palms and tropical rainforest and takes pride in unspoilt views. The whole setting provides a feel old Mauritius.
In such a natural setting, the restaurant offers you a tasty range of local Mauritian food, international dishes, and also several dishes made with crocodile, which are definitely worth a try. The restaurant is, undoubtedly, the ideal choice for exotic palates.
While having lunch at Le Crocodile Affamé Restaurant, make sure to try the specialities dishes made with crocodile meat. The menu offers speciality dishes such as Crocodile fritters served with a mixed salads or long thin slices of duck in vanilla sauce accompanied with rice and vegetables. Snacks and various drinks are also available.
With such a distinct atmosphere and exotic food, Le Crocodile Affamé Restaurant offers a unique and unforgettable dining experience.
Location: La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes, Rivière des Anguilles
Cuisine: European, Mauritian
- Non Smoking restaurant
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Suitable for handicapped
- Child friendly
- À la Carte
- Table D'Hôte
- Option for Sitting outside/Garden
Offering a pleasant setting amongst the trees and birds, the Crocodile Affamé restaurant is a place to enjoy our delicious menu in a tranquil setting and to benefit from the facilities provided by the restaurant.
Meal Package details:
- Menu Options: The Le Crocodile Affamé Restaurant offers a selection of four possible menus to choose from, which are Menu A, Menu B, Menu C, Menu D.
- Child Menu: a special child friendly child menu and dishes are available directly at the restaurant
- Menu A (Basic Menu): Aperitif, Main Course (choice between 2 main courses), Dessert
- Menu B (Vegetarian Menu): Aperitif, Main Course, Dessert
- Menu C (Crocodile Meal): Aperitif, Main Course (choice between 2 main courses), Dessert, Drinks
- Menu D (Crocodile Supreme): Aperitif, Starter, Main course, Dessert, Drinks
- Drinks: 500 ml of water & Citronella tea drinks are included in Menu C and Menu D only
- Lunch Hours: 11:00 - 16:00
- Days Available: Monday to Sunday
- Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance by phone & subject to availability
- Entrance to La Vanille Reserve: The Crocodile Affamé Restaurant is situated at the La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes, known also as the Crocodile Park. When booking your lunch menu you would be granted have access to the restaurant itself but not the park and reserve. In case you would like to enjoy lunch and also to visit the La Vanille Réserve you would be asked to purchase your entry tickets upon your arrival to the park.
- A valid Mauritian National Identity Card or resident permit should be presented upon arrival