Le Bois Chéri Restaurant
Le Bois Chéri Restaurant
Le Bois Chéri Restaurant, opened since December 2008, offers a charming hill top setting with panoramic views off the south coast of the island. It offers the very best of the local Mauritian cuisine prepared from the finest local products. This is the only place where you can enjoy a 21st century style culinary innovation with specialties such as tea chutney.
Besides serving gourmet dishes, the Bois Chéri restaurant also offers you the possibility of enjoying wonderful views. Extensive and beautiful lush grounds surround the restaurant; from its wooden terrace, gaze down on Le Lac des Cygnes surrounded by century old trees and shrubs. Feast your eyes on the magnificent scenery.
Exploring the Bois Chéri Domaine is also a must while stopping by the restaurant. Being the first and biggest tea producer in Mauritius, Le Domaine de Bois Chéri holds some of the oldest tea plants of the island. Visit the factory and the tea plantation to discover the history of tea production in Mauritius.
Le Bois Chéri Restaurant - Features
Location: Domaine de Bois Chéri, Savanne
Cuisine: European, Mauritian
- Oldest tea plantation on the island
- Unique setting
- Open for special events: weddings, team building, photo shoots, anniversaries, seminars end of year parties, exhibitions and breakfasts.
Nestled amongst lush greenery, the Bois Chéri restaurant is the ideal place to catch up with friends or family in a sophisticated décor and serene setting.
Le Bois Chéri Restaurant Package Details
- 3-Course Meal
- Free visit of Le Domaine de Bois Chéri
- Days Available: Monday to Saturday
- Opening hours
- Monday - 08:30 to 12:30
- Tuesday to Saturdays - 08:30 to 13:30
- Validity: Until 31/10/2021
- Note: The Tea Factory works in the mornings usually until 11:45 AM and all clients have access to the first floor of the factory only.
- Note: The factory will not operate on Monday until further notice.
- During the winter months, the activity of the factory is diminished.
- Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance by phone & subject to availability
- A valid Mauritian National Identity Card or resident permit should be presented upon arrival
Le Bois Chéri Restaurant - Menu
- Starter: Vegetable fritters
- Main Course: Chicken in a Bois Chéri Green Tea Sauce
- Dessert: Caramelized banana accompanied with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Drinks: Bois Chéri Ice Tea
Note: A special A la Carte menu is available for kids.