Kids Pony Ride (Domaine de L'Etoile)
Kids Pony Ride (Domaine de L'Etoile) Package
- 30-minute pony ride activity
- 10 min - Introduction to Riding
- 10 min - Horse Grooming
- 10 min - Horse feeding and care course
- Experienced guides
- Horse Induction Certificate (awarded by the team after the activity)
- Entrance to the private grounds
- Refreshing towels after activity
- Hot showers are available for the use of visitors but do bring spare clothes in case you would like to have shower after the excursion.
- Optional Lunch
10h00 | 13h30
Conditions & Additional info
- Age Requirement: 7-12 years old
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
- It is recommended that you wear long trousers, sports shoes with socks, sunscreen and mosquito repellent and spare set of clothes.
- Note: Adults accompanying a child need to pay an entrance fee of Rs 250 per Adult at the Domaine.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Kids Pony Ride (Domaine de L'Etoile) - Package Description
Deals.mu offers your kids the chance to create wonderful childhood memories with a pony ride at the Domaine de l’Etoile Kids Village.
This Pony Activity is accessible to all kids aged between 7 to 12 years old. This is a must for young children who are keen to be introduced to horses and to the thrill of riding safely. They will enjoy this hand–led short pony ride that will provide a wonderful introductory horse riding experience. The time for the Pony Ride is flexible and can be organised during the morning (10h00) or afternoon slots (13h30). Since ensuring the safety of the children is a priority, experienced guides will be riding alongside the children.
This Pony Ride Package has been crafted in such a way where your children can enjoy the ride in an exceptional natural reserve, whilst also learning more about horses. Children will learn how to take care of these magnificent creatures, including how to brush, feed and saddle them.
The Domaine will unveil an array of treats of for the eye amidst lush valleys and dense vegetation. Apart from the Children Pony Ride Excursion, a panoply of exciting adventures like trampolines, treetop adventure, mini-quad ride, nautical and small cars circuits are available at the Domaine de L’Etoile Kids Village. You can book the Kids Fun Village package here.
Kids Pony Ride (Domaine de L'Etoile) - Food & Beverages
The Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant is a ravishing restaurant found in the reserve, situated next to the Grand River South-East with stunning views onto the mountain.
At this restaurant, you will be offered a buffet allowing you to savour the typical Mauritian cuisine inspired from the diverse cultures present in Mauritius. The restaurant also proposes a fusion cuisine.
The irresistible charm of the restaurant is further enhanced by the beautiful natural surroundings and the thatched roof. The tables at Domaine de L'Etoile restaurant are set under the veranda of the main reception building. From here, you get spectacular views of the Mauritian mountains. On the foreground is the superb English lawn, which only accentuates the idyllic setting of the restaurant.
Lunch Buffet at Domaine de L'Etoile Restaurant - Menu Details
Option 1: Adults Classic Menu
- Pasta salad with Pesto, Tomato Mozzarella
- Mini Sandwich
- white sandwich loaf, soft boiled egg, mayonnaise, watercress, tomato OR
- french bread, chicken ham, butter, lettuce, tomato, cheese
- Chicken Leg Tandoori
- Chips & Puff Pastry
- Cheese & Crakers
- Season Fruits
- Coconut Biscuit
Option 2: Adults Formal Menu
- Crudités & assortment of sauce
- Quiche with cheese & brède
- Californian Roll, Sambal sauce
- Mini Sandwich - Bread with cereals, smoked marlin, horseradish cream, spring onions, fougasse, marinated grilled vegetables, tomato salsa, olive & pesto
- Roasted chicken, potato salad with mustard & coleslaw
- Prawn cocktails, pineapple & papaya
- Soft chocolate
- Season Fruits
A choice of one of the following:
- Chicken or fish nuggets, chip and juice
- Marinated farmer`s chicken burger, chips and juice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise or Carbonara, chips and juice
Note: Restaurant is closed on Mondays
More Information on the Kids Pony Ride (Domaine de L'Etoile)
This Pony Initiation Activity will help introduce the kids to pony riding. Apart from learning how to ride them, the kids will also enrich their knowledge on feeding the animals, communicating with them and understanding their habits.
A certificate will be awarded to the children by the team, after they have completed the activity.
About Domaine de l’Etoile
Previously a private hunting domain, and only recently opened to the public, this Domaine remained one of the most preserved regions of Mauritius.
The domain counts English gardens, rivers, and indigenous woods which are rich in hundreds of different varieties of plants and trees, including the most ancient ebony trees of Mauritius and other endemic species as well as cinnamon trees, vetivers, orchids, traveler’s trees, banana trees and more.
A large river flows through the Domaine as well as trickling streams and flowing waterfalls.
Domaine de l’Etoile is best described as a wonderful and enchanting area where all nature lovers can enjoy themselves. A number of activities are offered, including, Quad biking, Horse riding and Hiking circuits. Visitors will witness, in turns, spectacular panoramas, Java deers and endemic birds. There is also an onsite restaurant which presents a quiet and peaceful environment where guests can recall the special moments of the day while enjoying the tasty local cuisine.
With this, as you will already be at the Domaine, in case you will be interested, you also have the possibility to enjoy the following activities which are also offered at the Domaine: