La Chaumière Masala Restaurant (Ile aux Cerfs)
About La Chaumière Masala Restaurant (Ile aux Cerfs)
Come and discover the best of contemporary Indian cuisine - a true delight of Oriental flavors! Nestled on the hillside of the popular Ile aux Cerfs Island, La Chaumière Masala Restaurant has an exceptional setting with its remarkable thatched kiosks. Here, you can enjoy a delicious meal and relax with the sight of the pristine beach and the rhythm of the gentle waves to soothe your senses.
La Chaumière Masala Restaurant offers lip-smacking Indian food which has evolved over the centuries. While keeping in mind the classics of Indian food, the chefs have enhanced the flavours with local ingredients. Indeed, local flavours from the Mauritian cuisine naturally find their place in the restaurant's dishes. Thus, La Chaumière Masala Restaurant brings to you a modern and affordable Indian cuisine, where traditional Indian dishes have been reworked with talent and audacity by Masala’s chefs.
The restaurant is crowned by a tree-top canopy which gives a fresh atmosphere to the whole setting. A superb banyan tree with numerous branches seems to act as a protecting divinity for La Chaumière Masala.
La Chaumière Masala Restaurant - Features
Location: Ile aux Cerfs Island, Trou D'Eau Douce
Cuisine: Indian, Vegetarian
- Romantic setting
- Option for sitting outside/Garden
- Special arrangement for celebrations
- Open for private events
- Sea view
- Child friendly
La Chaumière Masala Restaurant is a unique Indian restaurant located in an idyllic setting. You will enjoy your lunch in a romantic and soothing atmosphere while adoring the beauty of the sea.
Lunch at La Chaumière Masala Restaurant - Package Details
Meal Package details
- Menu options: La Chaumière Masala Restaurant offers a selection of 2 possible menus: Menu A - Non vegetarian Indian Thali, Menu B – Vegetarian Indian Thali, which are both Indian Thali meals.
- Menu A : This is a Non-vegetarian Thali and consists of variety of dishes, including 1 non-vegetarian dishes.
- Menu B: This is a Vegetarian Thali and consists of only different vegetarian dishes in large plate.
- Child Menu: A special child-friendly menu and dishes are available directly at the restaurant.
- Boat transfers (2 ways) in a comfortable motor boat to Ile aux Cerfs and back to shore (departing from the Pointe Maurice jetty) – the boat transfers are offered from 09.30 to 17.30 (May to October) or 18.00 (November to April), on intervals of every 30 minutes.
- Complete Indian Thali Lunch Menu (vegetarian or non-veg – as per the chosen menu)
- 0.5L Bottle of Water
- Day Duration: 9:30 - 17:30/ 18:00 (referring to the first / last boat transfer to the island)
- Lunch Hours: 12:00 - 15:00
- Boat transfers are available every 30 minutes during operating hours between 09.30-17.30 (May to October) / 09.30 - 18.00 (November to April). So you have the maximum flexibility in choosing the starting / ending time of your day package.
- Days Available: Monday to Sunday
- Validity: Until 31/10/2020
- Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance by phone & subject to availability
- A valid Mauritian National Identity Card or resident permit should be presented upon arrival.
Lunch at La Chaumière Masala Restaurant - Menu Details
Enjoy an Indian Thali lunch menu at the beautiful La Chaumière Masala situated on the paradise island of Ile aux Cerfs. This lunch package includes the boat transfers to Ile aux Cerfs Island in a comfortable motor boat and a complete Indian Thali lunch meal.
Menu A - Non vegetarian Indian Thali:
- Chicken tikka masala, Black dal, Butter naan, Jeera Pulau
- Cucumber & onion raitha, Pickles & pappad
- Gulab jamun
- 0.5l of Water
Menu B - Vegetarian Indian Thali:
- Chana masala, Black dal, Butter naan, Jeera Pulau,
- Cucumber & onion raitha, Pickles & pappad,
- Gulab Jamun
- 0.5l of Water