Horse Riding Excursion (Domaine de l'Etoile)
Horse Riding at Domaine de l'Etoile
- 90-minute horse riding activity
- Horse riding guidance and equipment
- A welcome cocktail
- Entrance to the private groundsincluding free non-guided 3km or 7km hike
- Access to endemic garden and petting farm
- Refreshing towels after activity
- Hot showers are available for the use of visitors but do bring spare clothes in case you would like to have shower after the excursion.
10h00 | 13h30 | 15h30
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Children with previous riding experience (level of Gallop 2), are accepted from the age of 6
- Maximum weight: 90 kg
- Pregnant women and persons with disabilities are not authorized to go on this excursion for their own safety.
- The Horse Riding Excursion can accommodate a maximum of 4 adults & 2 children per excursion. (Only 4 horses and 2 ponies are available)
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
- It is recommended that you wear long trousers, sports shoes with socks, sunscreen and mosquito repellent and spare set of clothes
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Adventurous Horse Riding Excursion at Domaine de l'Etoile
Deals.mu offers you an adventurous horse riding excursion in a beautiful private domain, spreading over 1200 hectares.
The horse riding trip is done at Domaine de l’Etoile- far from the city rush, situated in a very peaceful and calm environment, on the east coast of Mauritius. You will be welcomed by very friendly staff and offered a welcome cocktail. You will then head over to meet your horse, where you will receive a safety brief and a basic riding lesson.
As part of your horse riding excursion in the Domaine, you will be able to view kestrels, Mauritian cardinals, Java stag deers (rare deers foud in Mauritius), boars, monkeys and bats as well as rare species of birds like the "Cateau vert" and the "Crescerelle". Riders will also be offered spectacular panoramic views of indigenous forests, beautiful valleys and rivers. From the domain’s peak, half of Mauritius can be seen: the central plateaus, the Moka mountain range, and also major parts of the coastline.
So saddle up and prepare for an exhilarating ride where you can view the stunning surroundings of the area! Do not forget your camera to capture beautiful memories in this picturesque backdrop.
Domaine de l'Etoile Restaurant - Food & Beverages
The Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant is a ravishing restaurant found in the reserve, situated next to the Grand River South-East with stunning views onto the mountain.
At this restaurant, you will be offered a buffet allowing you to savour the typical Mauritian cuisine inspired from the diverse cultures present in Mauritius. The restaurant also proposes a fusion cuisine.
The irresistible charm of the restaurant is further enhanced by the beautiful natural surroundings and the thatched roof. The tables at Domaine de L'Etoile restaurant are set under the veranda of the main reception building. From here, you get spectacular views of the Mauritian mountains. On the foreground is the superb English lawn, which only accentuates the idyllic setting of the restaurant.
Starters- "Ti-Madame" Gajack
- Garlic bread and homemade samossas
- Coriander chutney and crushed chili
- Octopus salad, ridge gourd and garden green
Main Course - Live cooking station
- Traditional chicken curry
- Rougaille of the day
- Chicken BBQ with Lemon and Honey
- Chicken Sausages
- Grilled Catch of the Day with Coriander and Ginger
- Domaine Venison Dry Curry
- Plain rice and pulses
- Green banana curry and stewed pumpkin
- Chatini and sambals selection
Desert of the day
- Domaine's café gourmand
A choice of one of the following:
- Chicken or fish nuggets, chip and juice
- Marinated farmer`s chicken burger, chips and juice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise or Carbonara, chips and juice
About Domaine de l’Etoile
Previously a private hunting domain, and only recently opened to the public, this Domaine remained one of the most preserved regions of Mauritius.
The domain counts English gardens, rivers, and indigenous woods which are rich in hundreds of different varieties of plants and trees, including the most ancient ebony trees of Mauritius and other endemic species as well as cinnamon trees, vetivers, orchids, traveler’s trees, banana trees and more.
A large river flows through the Domaine as well as trickling streams and flowing waterfalls.
Domaine de l’Etoile is best described as a wonderful and enchanting area where all nature lovers can enjoy themselves. A number of activities are offered, including, Quad biking, Horse riding and Hiking circuits. Visitors will witness, in turns, spectacular panoramas, Java deers and endemic birds. There is also an onsite restaurant which presents a quiet and peaceful environment where guests can recall the special moments of the day while enjoying the tasty local cuisine.
About the Horses
The horses are “Boerperds.” This race of horses from South Africa is considered by experts as the ideal family horse – ideal for quiet rides by non-experienced riders. The nobility of these horses, their presence and their beauty makes them for centuries, an outstanding companion.
Experienced guides will ride alongside allowing riders of all levels to enjoy the horse riding experience in maximum safety and to enjoy the scenery all along the ride.
Domaine de l'Étoile - Additional Activities
With this, as you will already be at the Domaine, in case you will be interested, you also have the possibility to enjoy the following activities which are also offered at the Domaine: