Half Day Hike At Le Morne Brabant
- 3 to 4 hours of hiking on the Le Morne Slave Trail
- Tour-guide by professional Mountain Guides (EFR/WFA Certified)
- Access to the second part of Mountain (Only accessible through authorised guides)
- Secure Parking
- Water is provided
- Monday to Saturday: Morning Hike at 06:00 (November-March); 07:00 (April-October)
- Tuesday and Thursday Only: Afternoon Hike at 14:00
- 5:50am or 12:50 pm for afternoon options (1st November to 31st March)
- 6:50am or 13:50 pm for afternoon options (1st April to 31st October)
3 to 4 hours (6 km round trip)
Meeting point/ Location
Parking facing the entrance at “Le Paradis Hotel”
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age requirement: 10 years old and above (must be accompanied by at least one parent)
- Number of Participants: Participants may form groups of various sizes, with 1 guide per 10 people
- Difficulty: Moderate - Difficult
- Highest Point: 500m
- Bring along: It is recommended to bring hiking shoes, sunscreen, sunhat/ cap, mosquito repellent, and spare set of clothes
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Hike on the majestic slave trail in the South Western Coast of Mauritius, and enjoy spectacular views from the summit of the Le Morne Mountain. From treks under the shade of the trees, to the rough and rugged paths, this hike is definite must for adventure lovers. Book this thrilling hiking adventure on Deals.mu for a best price!
Situated at the extreme Southwestern tip of Mauritius, this rocky peninsula has a summit which covers an area of over 12 hectares (30 acres) and is about 556 meters above sea level. This World Heritage Site invites you for an exciting trail where you experience both the extreme opposites of lush greenery together with rough and dry terrain.
While hiking up the mountain, listen to the rustling trees, chirping of the tropical birds and contemplate on the wild beauty with outstanding turquoise-blue ocean views. As you hike you will spot splendid flora and fauna, with some endemic species that are particular to this region. If you are lucky enough, you might also see the Trochetia Boutonania- our floral emblem.
As you ascent you will witness the captivating features of the mountain, whereby there are many caves and overhangs on the steep slopes. Surrounded by the lagoon, Le Morne Brabant is worth trying till the summit if you want to contemplate the strikingly gorgeous bird’s eye view.
About The Le Morne Mountain
The symbolic Le Morne Brabant is a majestic mountain located in the South Western part of Mauritius, on the Le Morne peninsula. The majestic mountain has been declared as a World Heritage site by the UNESCO since July 6, 2008 to commemorate the Maroonage (runaway slaves) legacy in Mauritius. It is believed that the slaves were committing suicide by jumping off the cliff of the mountain due to the very inhumane treatment they suffered.
Le Morne Brabant is one of the most preserved and wildest mountains of the island. It is a habitat to a very large variety of endemic and narrow-endemic species, such as the rare Trochetia Boutonania, which is the floral emblem of Mauritius.
About The Guide And The Spirit Of The Trip
All hiking excursions and treks will be supervised by experienced and professional guides in Mauritius. During the hike, the guide will share extensive knowledge about the reserve and its surrounding areas.
The trip will take you around some of the most beautiful places in Mauritius and you will get to learn more about the fauna and flora and what’s being done towards its preservation, making this a unique and enriching experience.