Guided Hiking at Domaine de L’Etoile
Guided Hiking at Domaine de L’Etoile Package
- Hiking through Domaine de L’Etoile
- 0.5L Mineral Water offered per person
- One or Two Guides (according to the size of the group)
To be confirmed when booking
Conditions & Additional info
- Maximum number of participants: 30
- What you should bring: Bottle of water, walking shoes, sunscreen, hat & camera. It is also recommended to wear long trousers if possible.
- A towel and change of clothes can also be brought along,should you wish to shower after the activity.
- Note: All participants are required to be in good physical conditions.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Guided Hiking at Domaine de L’Etoile Package Description
Explore the pristine nature reserve of Domaine de L’Etoile through this guided hiking package offered to you by Deals.mu!
Discover the island’s pristine flora and fauna at Domaine de L’Etoile’s nature reserve, set on over 1200 hectares of unspoilt terrain.
While hiking up the mountain, listen to the rustling trees, chirping of the tropical birds, and contemplate on the wild beauty with outstanding turquoise-blue ocean views. Throughout this hiking trip you are sure to enjoy amazing landscapes which you will come across on your way; just don't forget your camera – the views are breathtaking!
The guide will inform you on the different animal and plant species that you will encounter during your hike. Domaine de L’Etoile hosts a number of endemic plants such as ebony trees, orchids and traveller’s, trees among others. If you’re lucky, you might even spot the Javan deer that inhabit the domaine. Other animals that you may meet along the way include wild boars, monkeys and bats, as well as bird species which were on the brink of extinction such as Kestrels and Green Cateaux.
This guided hike is the perfect way to destress in the tranquil setting of the domaine, whilst discovering more about our natural island.
Guided Hiking at Domaine de L’Etoile - Food & Beverages
The Domaine de L’Etoile restaurant is a ravishing restaurant found in the reserve, situated next to the Grand River South-East with stunning views onto the mountain.
At this restaurant, you will be offered a buffet allowing you to savour the typical Mauritian cuisine inspired from the diverse cultures present in Mauritius. The restaurant also proposes a fusion cuisine.
The irresistible charm of the restaurant is further enhanced by the beautiful natural surroundings and the thatched roof. The tables at Domaine de L'Etoile restaurant are set under the veranda of the main reception building. From here, you get spectacular views of the Mauritian mountains. On the foreground is the superb English lawn, which only accentuates the idyllic setting of the restaurant.
Starters- "Ti-Madame" Gajack
- Garlic bread and homemade samossas
- Coriander chutney and crushed chili
- Octopus salad, ridge gourd and garden green
Main Course - Live cooking station
- Traditional chicken curry
- Rougaille of the day
- Chicken BBQ with Lemon and Honey
- Chicken Sausages
- Grilled Catch of the Day with Coriander and Ginger
- Domaine Venison Dry Curry
- Plain rice and pulses
- Green banana curry and stewed pumpkin
- Chatini and sambals selection
Desert of the day
- Domaine's café gourmand
A choice of one of the following:
- Chicken or fish nuggets, chip and juice
- Marinated farmer`s chicken burger, chips and juice
- Spaghetti Bolognaise or Carbonara, chips and juice
About Domaine de L’Etoile
Previously a private hunting domain, and only recently opened to the public, Domaine de L’Etoile remained one of the most preserved regions of Mauritius.
The domain counts English gardens, rivers, and indigenous woods which are rich in hundreds of different varieties of plants and trees, including the most ancient ebony trees of Mauritius and other endemic species as well as cinnamon trees, vetivers, orchids, traveller’s trees, banana trees and more. A large river flows through the Domaine as well as trickling streams and flowing waterfalls.
Domaine de l’Etoile is best described as a wonderful and enchanting area where all nature lovers can enjoy themselves. A number of activities are offered, including, Quad biking, Horse riding and Hiking circuits. Visitors will witness, in turns, spectacular panoramas, Java deer and endemic birds. There is also an onsite restaurant which presents a quiet and peaceful environment where guests can recall the special moments of the day while enjoying the tasty local cuisine.
Optional Activities at Domaine de l'Etoile
With this, as you will already be at the Domaine, in case you will be interested, you also have the possibility to enjoy the following activities which are also offered at the Domaine: