Glorious Sunset Cruise & Snorkelling at Ile Catherine
Glorious Sunset Cruise & Snorkelling at Ile Catherine Package
It is not just another place. It is a glimpse of paradise. The Catherine Island- one of the eighteen islets off the western coast of Rodrigues- is the place to be to enjoy an ideal breakaway.
Discover the marine ecosystem as you snorkel in the azure water and enjoy a lip-smacking barbecue lunch in one of the most gorgeous isolated islets of Rodrigues.
Take this unique opportunity to contemplate the sun sinking down below the horizon with dusky clouds in the sky, while savouring the delicious local punch in this virgin island fringed with casuarina trees and tropical plants.
Included in The Sunset Cruise and Snorkelling Package
- An enthusiastic guide
- A Boat Cruise from Pointe Mapou to the virgin Catherine Island
- A yummy barbecue lunch ( fish, and salads with a local touch) + drinks (beer and water)
- Breath-taking snorkelling adventure in the azure clear water
- Enjoy the stupendous sunset in a unique location
- Delicious Punch to set you in the mood
The Sunset Cruise and Snorkelling Package - Package Conditions
Operating Day: Saturdays
Duration: 7 hours
Activity Time: 12:00-19:00
Itinerary of the Sunset Cruise and Snorkelling Package
- Departure from Pointe Mapou by boat heading to the Catherine Island
- Lunch at Catherine island to the West Coast of Rodrigues
- Enjoy an amazing snorkelling adventure
- End your day with a spectacular sunset moment as you sip your delicious punch
- Region: Western Coast
- Minimum age requirement: No restriction
- What to bring: It is recommended to bring snorkelling equipment, sun cream, spare set of clothes, hat and camera.
Validity: Until 31st March 2019
More information on the the Sunset Cruise and Snorkelling Package
Your journey starts at the west coast of the island in a small fishing village of Pointe Mapou. From there you will head to the beautiful pristine Catherine Island which offers a secluded paradisiac environment.
The Catherine Island is one of 18 small islets of Rodrigues sheltered by the large lagoon. The island is wild and rocky, and offers magnificent views on the west coast at its peak.
As you reach the shore you will have the privilege to wander around and enjoy the peaceful environment together with the sweet chirping of birds and the melodious crashing of the waves or the buzzing of the cool sea breeze.
In addition, you will have the chance to eat a delicious barbecue lunch accompanied with salads. Don’t miss to try the punch especially prepared with local ingredients and flavours.
On the way back to the island of Rodrigues, you can enjoy snorkelling near the reef and spend an incredible time exploring the rich and colourful marine life. After the diving break, as you head towards the shore, enjoy the sun cast long shadows across the pristine sand.