La Table du Château Restaurant
About La Table du Château Restaurant
Found in the heart of the Labourdonnais estate at Mapou La Table du Château is considered to be a refined and contemporary fine dining restaurant.
The atmosphere of the restaurant during the day is different from that at night. While it is warmer and pleasant during the day, it is pretty and chic at night with the intimate background music and dim lights. As such, the extravagant interiors and décor add to the charm of a dining experience.
La Table du Château Restaurant is run by Chef Fabio de Poli, who has created a unique menu showcasing Mauritian flavors with modern European aptitude. He brings creativity along with a gastronomic touch in his dishes and menu.
The more traditional Mauritian dishes are largely influenced by European, Indian, Chinese and African cuisines and as such, the restaurant proposes a culinary experience that explore the Mauritian flavors like no others.
Fabio de Poli is able to make smart choices in the presentation of his dishes, as he is very innovative in his approach and vigilant towards the diversity of the Mauritian culture. After working with various Mauritian chefs, Chef Fabio knows perfectly how to add a gourmet touch to a standard local dish. Henceforth, much of the menu is devoted to Mauritian specialties.
La Table du Château Restaurant perfectly represents the Mauritian gastronomy at its absolute must combined with the perfect dining atmosphere for having one of the best dining experiences one may have in Mauritius.
La Table du Château Restaurant - Features
Location: Château Labourdonnais, Mapou (next to École du Nord)
Cuisine: Fine Dining, Fish and Seafood, French, Mauritian, Mediterranean
- Romantic Setting
- Garden view
- Unique view of the Château Labourdonnais
- Live Music
- Live performance
- Open for private events
- Luxurious decor
- Option for sitting outside/Garden
- Smoking area
- Suitable for people with disabilities
- Wi-Fi Internet
La Table du Château Restaurant perfectly represents the Mauritian gastronomy at its absolute must combined with the perfect dining atmosphere for having one of the best dining experiences one may have in Mauritius. From setting to staff, atmosphere to professionalism, you could not ask for more as La Table du Château follows the highest standard of food and service in Mauritius.
La Table du Château Restaurant - Package Details
Meal Package details:
- Dinner Meal: The La Table du Château offers a unique fine dining discovery menu consisting of variety of dishes for you to enjoy.
- Menu Details: as part of the La Table du Château Discovery Menu Experience you feast on Amuse-bouche, 2 starters, Main Course, Sorbet and a Dessert Plater; having one of the best fine dining experiences currently on offer in Mauritius
- Main Course: choose from a choice of two main courses on offer (duck breast / catch of the day)
- Drinks: as part of this discovery tasting menu, drinks are excluded
- Dinner Hours: 19.00 - 21.00 pm
- Days Available: Wednesday to Saturday
- Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance by phone & subject to availability
- A valid Mauritian National Identity Card or resident permit should be presented upon arrival
La Table du Château Restaurant - Menu
As part of La Table du Château remarkable Discovery Menu (Menu Découverte) you would get to enjoy a divine dining experience of:
- Starters (1): Lobster bisque with mild spices Garlic and Persil Gnocchi, roasted bell pepper and goat cheese bruschetta
- Starter (2): Pan-fried foie gras, spiced bread, pineapple and star anise compote Island Litchi wine reduction
- Main courses: Braised Lamb slow cooked for 7 hours
BIO vegetables, arouille potatoes puree and crispy vegetables
OR Catch of the day, glazed with green local lemon and sea urchins Patole Fricassée with sweet garlic, local spinach and crispy
- Palate Cleanser: Vodka and lemon sherbet
- Dessert: Papaya confit with ginger, Light Orange mousse and crispy sweet potatoes