Swim With Dolphins & Whale Watching
Upon arrival at the welcome centre, a delicious continental breakfast will be served at around 7 a.m. Immerse yourself in an adventure of a lifetime, swimming with dolphins in crystal clear waters and encountering whales in the open sea done on a speed boat.
Once on board the speed boat, the skippers will give you a briefing on the experience you are going to have.
Swimming with Dolphins: You’ll plunge into their remarkable of the dolphins and come face to face with them.
After the outing with the dolphins, you will go further out to the deep sea for the whale watching
Whale Watching: Whale watching is a different as you will go further out at sea. Everyone has their own way of describing this incredible sight. Sometimes instead of the usual outbursts, it is the deafening silence of being lost for words as you hear the enormous humpback whale take one last breath before a dive.
Expected arrival time to Tamarin is 1.00 pm. Upon request we also offer this dolphins and whales’ trip on exclusive-private basis for you to enjoy a trip in your own private boat for the day.
Both Swimming with dolphins and encountering whales undoubtedly offers a rewarding, educational, therapeutic and amazing experience for everyone!
The briefing will also include such aspects as:
- Types of Dolphins and Whales which you will encounter
- Dolphin’s habits
- Guidelines for sustainable Dolphins and Whales watching
- Security measures on the boat
- Swimming with dolphins procedures
As part of this dolphins and whales’ trip, the following is included:
- A tasty continental breakfast which will be served at the welcome centre at 7 a.m. (Tea, Coffee, Juice, Water, Pain Chocolat, Croissant, Fruits, Biscuits)
- Trip on a speed boat
- Briefing on security
- Explanation on Dolphins and Whales
- Sandwiches, Snacks and soft Drinks are offered on-board
- Opportunity to swim alongside the dolphins
- Snorkeling equipment is provided on-board
Q: Which dolphins can be observed in Mauritius?
Dolphins lived in pods of around 20 individuals or more and can be observed swimming casually from Tamarin (on the west coast of Mauritius) on their way to the deep sea off the coast of le Morne peninsula, early in the morning.
The Dolphins, the Bottlenose Dolphin and the Spinner Dolphin, have made the West Coast of Mauritius a place for them to rest and sleep before going to the deep sea for their fishing.
Q: Which whales can be observed in Mauritius?
It is possible to find many different types of whales in Mauritius. The most common whales are: Blainville's Beaked Whale, Gray's Beaked Whale, Dwarf Sperm Whale, and the Sperm whale which is the most famous Whale in Mauritius.
Operating Days: All Days
Activity Time: 7:30 - 13:00
Minimum age: 7 years
- There is a guarantee of 90% that you will see the Dolphins but if that is not the case, there will be no money back but instead we will offer you to join a second trip free of charge.
- There is a guarantee of 60% that you will see the Whales but if that is not the case, there will be no cash refund as the costs for such outings are too high in terms of fuel used.
- Whale watching is a different and more difficult outing as you will have to go further out to sea and the number of encounters you will have, depends a lot on weather and sea conditions. If the sea is rough, it will be more difficult to see the whales.
- The trip is not recommended to pregnant women.
Note: Breakfast will be served as from 7.00am.