Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program terms
Terms and Conditions
Under the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program, also known as Deals.mu Referral Program and Deals.mu Referral Rewards; customers of Deals.mu who made a booking (the “Advocate”) are invited to earn Referral Bonuses by inviting Referees (as described below) to make use of the Deals.mu online reservation services. The following Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program Terms apply to the Advocate and Referees (together referred to as the “Participants”) participating in the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program.
Deals.mu may suspend, terminate or change the terms and requirements of the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program Terms at any time and for any reason. A Referral Bonus already earned in accordance with the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program Terms before such change, suspension or termination, will be honored.
By taking part in the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program, the Referee acknowledges that Deals.mu may at its sole discretion, share the Referee’s first name, email address and status of the Eligible Reservation in the Advocates user account setting to inform the Advocate about the status of the earned Referral Bonus. Deals.mu will not share any details about the product details and reservation details. If you do not want the Advocate to receive the information about you, please do not finalize the reservation after having clicked on the Referral Link. Your participation in the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program will be stopped.
Participants, meaning Advocate and Referee, must be 18 years of age and older. Staff members of Deals.mu, and its affiliates, as well as participants (including their representatives and staff members) of the Deals.mu Affiliate Partner Program are excluded from participation. Participants must be natural persons.
- A Referral Bonus can be earned as follows:
- The Advocate shares the referral link as provided on the Deals.mu website (the “Referral Link”). The Advocate is not entitled to use the Referral Link in or for paid promotions, including online advertising;
- A person, receiving the link (the “Referee”), creates an Eligible Reservation through the Deals.mu website by clicking on the Referral Link; and
- The stay of the Referee as part of the Eligible Reservation is confirmed and considered as completed by Deals.mu; and
- Advocates and Referees must at all times be different persons.
- A reservation is considered an "Eligible Reservation" when it has been made by the Referee by clicking on the Referral Link and the total costs of the reservation has been paid to and via Deals.mu.
- Deals.mu will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Referee to count for a Referral Bonus.
- Each Referee may only make use once of a Referral Link to create an Eligible Reservation, regardless if the Referee received or had access to separate Referral Links from different Advocates.
- The Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program can only be used for personal, non commercial purposes.
- Deals.mu will, if it has determined in its sole discretion, that Advocate and Referee have complied with and fulfilled the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program Terms, confirm that the Advocate and the Referee have earned the bonus (the “Referral Bonus”) as described in the invitation to participate in the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program. Participants will receive the Bonus automatically.
- Participants who are meant to receive the Referral Bonus as a credit to the Deals.mu account, are offered a coupon which the Advocate and Referee are to redeem against any future order they are to process via Deals.mu
- The Referral Bonus can’t be given or redeemed in the form of cash, bank transfer or direct payment made by Deals.mu to the Advocate and Referee. All Referral Bonuses would be offered only in the form of credit.
- The Referral Bonus cannot be transferred, exchanged for any cash or money or sold.
- The calculation of the Referral Bonus is an automatic procedure based on the use of the Referral Links and the creation of Eligible Reservations through the Deals.mu online reservation services. Deals.mu retains the right to, at its sole discretion, review the compliance with the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program terms.
- A Referral Bonus can be earned as follows:
Displaying Referral Links
The Advocate shall not share or publish the Referral Links where there is no reasonable basis for believing that recipients are genuine customers and appreciate the invitation stated through the Referral Link and not in violation of applicable anti-spam laws. The Advocate shall indemnify and hold Deals.mu, its directors, officers, employees, shareholders, agents and successors harmless, from and against any claims that may arise from any unlawful forwarding or sharing of the Referral Link.
By sharing the Referral Link, creating an Eligible Reservation and in order to be eligible for the Referral Bonus, each Participant agrees and accepts the following anti-bribery terms: You are not a government official. “Government officials” include any government employee; candidate for public office; and any employee of (wholly or partly) government-owned or government-controlled companies, public international organizations and political parties (including any official or representative thereof).
Government officials are not eligible for the referral bonus. You shall immediately inform us if you are a government official. In respect of (or as an award for) the referral activities (including the solicitation of new users, accommodations and/or the promotion and marketing of Deals.mu) and the Referral Bonus, you shall (i) not directly or indirectly (a) offer, promise or give to any third party (including any governmental official or political party('s official, representative or candidate)), or (b) seek, accept or get promised for itself of for another party, any gift, payment, reward, consideration or benefit of any kind which would or could be construed as bribery or an illegal or corrupt practice, and (ii) comply with all applicable laws governing anti-bribery and corrupt gifts and practices.
- Deals.mu retains the right to investigate the participation in the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program for any fraudulent activities and take any measures to end them. These measures may comprise, that Deals.mu at its own discretion cancels an Eligible Reservation. Referral Bonus earned through fraudulent activities or activities in violation of these Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program terms will be null and void and repayment may be requested by Deals.mu.
- Deals.mu may suspend, terminate or change the terms and requirements of the Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program Terms at any time and for any reason.
- The original English version of this Agreement may have been translated into other languages. The translated version of this Agreement is a courtesy and office translation only and the Participants cannot derive any rights from the translated version. In the event of a dispute about the contents or interpretation of these terms and conditions of this Agreement or in the event of a conflict, ambiguity, inconsistency or discrepancy between the English version and any other language version of this Agreement, the English language version shall apply and prevail and be conclusive and binding. The English version shall be used in legal proceedings.
- If any provision of these terms is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and each participant will at least agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
- To the extent permitted by law, these Deals.mu Refer a Friend Program Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Mauritius. Any disputes arising out or in connection with these terms shall exclusively be submitted to and dealt with by the competent court in Mauritius.