Private Speed Boat trip to Coin de Mire & Flat Island
- Private speed boat trip
- Time to enjoy snorkeling, swimming and relaxation along Coin de Mire Island
- Cruising along the north coasts of Mauritius
- Bird watching opportunities
- Snorkeling gear for each passenger
- Drinks served on the speed boat
8:00 - 12:00
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age: This speed boat trip is suitable for any age.
- Note: As it is a private trip, you can decide how to balance the time you would like to spend on Flat Island and at Coin de Mire for snorkeling. Snorkelling fans can decide to spend less time on Flat Island and more time at Coin de Mire. For those who are not good swimmers, you can decide you spend more of your time relaxing and sunbathing on Flat island.
- What to bring: We suggest bringing towels, hats, t-shirts and extra sun block cream for sun protection, cameras or underwater camera, and swimsuits.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Looking forward for an exciting speed boat cruising trip to Flat Island and snorkeling in exclusivity with a group of friends or family? Then this Private Speed Boat trip to Coin de Mire & Flat Island- Half Day is definitely for you and at the best local price!
The private speed boat departs from the jetty in Grand Bay at 8.00am heading to Flat Island. After 30-40minutes of cruising admiring the amazing Northern coastline on the way, you will reach there. Upon arrival to Flat Island, you will be guided to the Island’s main beach where you can enjoy sunbathing, swimming or snorkeling.
Following the visit to Flat Island, you will be heading to Coin de Mire Island for snorkeling; this is a must place to snorkel for anyone looking to discover our island’s marine life. For those who enjoy bird watching, a number of native birds can be seen flying around the Coin de Mire or nesting in the cracks of the cliffs such as our famous national bird- the 'pailles en queue.
The private trip ends with cruising in speed, reaching Grand Bay at around 12:00.
For the benefit of all participants selection of refreshments are provided during the trip and served on the speed boat.
Refreshments included as part of the trip:
- Soft drinks
- Mineral water
About the Coin de Mire
The Coin de Mire, also called Gunner's Quoin, situated 8 km north of Mauritius, is well known by diverse as one of the best diving sites of the north of Mauritius. At an average depth of 6 meters (depth ranges from 3-9 meters), with crystal clear water offering great visibility, the snorkeling conditions are ideal year-round.
About Flat Island:
Also known as “Île Plate” in French, it is located near the Round Island, at the extreme north of Mauritius, about 11 kilometers north of Cap Malheureux, the Mauritius' mainland's northernmost point. It houses one of the two working lighthouses in Mauritius.
Flat Island (size of 253 hectares, is the largest of the northern islets) is mostly flat, but has a single hill topped by a lighthouse. The vegetation is heavily modified.
About the boat
It is a very spacious speedboat (25ft), sits 8 passengers very comfortably. The boat is also equipped with a small diving platform with swimming ladder, a small arch with canopy for protection from the sun, a GPS/Fish finder, a VHF radio and many other safety devices. It is a multipurpose boat, built for offshore travel as well as shallow lagoon cruising.