Catamaran Cruise - Gabriel Island & Lunch, Drinks
Catamaran Cruise to Gabriel Island
- Full Day Cruise on a Catamaran
- Visit to Gabriel Island
- BBQ Lunch Buffet
- Drinks served throughout the day
- Snorkeling Break
- Snorkeling equipment
8.45 - 16:00
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age: Suitable for any age
- Reservations should be made enough time in advance as this is a very popular cruise, especially during weekends.
- What to bring: We suggest bringing towels, hats, t-shirts and extra sun block cream for sun protection, cameras, and swimsuits.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
- Please note that in case of low tides, the Catamaran will not be able to go on the Gabriel Island hence the boat crew will still maintain the activity and sail around the Northern Lagoon.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Full Day Catamaran Cruise to Gabriel Island with Lunch
Enjoy an unforgettable cruising experience on a beautiful Catamaran to Gabriel Island.
The catamaran cruise starts at 08:45, departing from Grand Bay. As part of the cruise you will pass by an amazing lagoon, and Coin de Mire.
The sailing time is around 1.5 hours before reaching Gabriel Island.Once on Gabriel Island, you can choose to stay on the beautiful white sand beaches, enjoy a sun bath or a nice walk on the Island.
At around 12.30 you will enjoy full delicious BBQ lunch buffetset on the catamaran. The crew members will make sure to make your time more enjoyable, and they will be happy to tell you about local tales, jokes, and to play local Mauritian music which will lift the spirits of all the people on board.
At around 15:00, you will leave Gabriel Island, heading back to Grand Bay.
Catamaran Cruise to Gabriel Island - Food & Beverages
At around 12.30 you will enjoy full delicious BBQ lunch buffet set on the catamaran.
What is Included? A lot! - (all included in price)
BBQ Lunch menu:
- Either fresh Dorade or fresh Marlin or Fresh Tuna
- Fresh Chicken
- Pasta Salad
- Rice Salad
- Mixed Salad
- Fresh Baguettes
- Tropical Fruits
Selection of complimentary drinks during the day: Water, Soft Drinks (Diet Coke, coke, soda, Fanta, Sprite), Rhum, Beer, White wine, Red wine, Rose wine (Wine is offered only during Lunch)
Note: If you are a vegetarian, please inform us before, so we can arrange the necessary additions to the lunch.
About Gabriel Island
Gabriel Island: also known as Îlot Gabriel, is located near the Round Island and the Flat island, at the extreme north of Mauritius, about 10 kilometers north of Cap Malheureux. The distance between Gabriel Island and Flat Island is only 750 meters. The size of the island is only 42 hectares, making it much smaller than Flat island, and the highest point is of 28 meters.
Gabriel Island is a protected natural reserve. In comparison to Flat Island, Gabriel Island has less Flora and vegetation. The island is most famous for its beautiful unspoiled beaches, with crystal clear water surrounding the entire island. It is a very popular site for snorkelers, and also offers great dive sites.