Canyoning Excursion - Tamarind Falls - Half Day
Half Day Canyoning Excursion at Tamarind Falls
- Visit the Tamarind Falls from up close.
- A cool bathe at the bottom of the series of falls.
- Hike through Mauritius’ forest.
- A real exciting adventure by canyoning down canyons, waterfalls and rivers.
- Full canyoning equipment will be provided including all rope gear (harnesses, helmets etc) and wetsuit.
- Qualified canyoning guides.
Full Day Hike
08:30 - 13:00
This is the ideal excursions for those seeking more adrenalin and thrill. It will challenge you to abseil down the waterfalls of the Tamarind Falls canyon using nature watercourses and canyoning gear.
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum Age: 10 years old and above (must be accompanied by at least one parent).
- Requirements: Have basic swimming skills.
- What to bring: It is recommended to bring: sunscreen, bathing suit, short pants to wear with the wetsuit, spare set of clothes, towel, sport shoes, mosquito repellent, waterproofed camera (camera cover).
- Important: Please don’t bring with you jewels, watches, alcohol and cigarettes.
- Discount: The larger your group the larger your discount! Plan a memorable day for your group [family, friends or colleagues] and save more.
- Note: The group must do the activity together on the same day.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Half Day Canyoning Excursion at Tamarind Falls - Package Description
This canyoning excursion is done at the Tamarind Falls, a scenic attraction of the south west of the Mauritius. It is easy, fun and accessible to all.
The canyoning trip starts at 8.30 am with a safety briefing and equipment introduction. Then you will follow the trail for a 5 minutes hike discovering the first part of the Tamarind Falls canyon before reaching the first abseil of a 15 meters high waterfall. There you will have the first abseiling experience alongside the waterfall.
The group then crosses the water pond and boulder walk down the Tamarind River to reach the second waterfall: an impressive 40m free fall waterfall. For the more courageous ones, it possible to test your courage by jumping a 7 meters cliff jump into the water.
Following this, you will enjoy an easy hike to the end point which takes about 20 minutes to complete with 2 short steep trails on the way.
This excursion is about enjoying the beautiful nature of the Tamarind nature reserve, seeing the famous beautiful Tamarind falls from close, and experiencing the adventure of canyoning with Mauritius’ top qualified guides.
About Tamarind Falls
- Region: South West Mauritius
- The Highest Abseil (level of descent down a rope) is of: 40 meters
Situated on the central plateau, near the small village of Henrietta, the Tamarind Falls canyon is the one canyon of Mauritius which you really do not want to miss. With its 11 waterfalls, multiple jumps, deep ponds and lush green vegetation; Tamarind falls remains one of the most beautiful canyons of the Island that will suit the beginner to the hardcore adventurer.
This is one of the most beautiful and calmest places in Mauritius, and one of the best places for nature and animals lovers, where one can find many exotic plants and birds. The magnificent location of Tamarind Falls hosts breath-taking views over the West coast and Le Morne, a sight not to be missed.
Safety About the Canyoning Excursion
All the canyoning outing are operated and led by the leading canyoning and rock climbing guides in Mauritius, with vast experience in canyoning and rock climbing activities and rescue operations in all areas of Mauritius. The canyoning is done under the full supervising of qualified canyoning guides.
This excursion is carried out with a total respect towards nature and while making it a top priority to stress the importance of its preservation.