Canyoning Excursion- Tamarind Falls - Full Day
Full Day Canyoning Excursion at Tamarind Falls
- An exciting adventure by canyoning down canyons, waterfalls and rivers
- A cool bathe at the bottom of the series of falls
- Hike through the forest
- Picnic lunch, snacks and drinks
- Complete canyoning equipment will be provided including all rope gear (harnesses, helmets etc) and wetsuit
- Qualified canyoning guides
08:30 - 15:00
(depending on the group size and level)
Conditions & Additional info
Minimum age: 14 years old and above (must be accompanied by at least one parent).
Requirements: Have basic swimming skills and be physically fit.
What to bring: It is recommended to bring: sunscreen, bathing suit, short pants to wear with the wetsuit, spare set of clothes, towel, sport shoes, mosquito repellent, waterproofed camera (camera cover).
- As from 10 pax, the package does not include Snacks and Water, it includes WATER only
- Important: Please don’t bring with you jewelry, watches, alcohol and cigarettes
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
- This is the ideal excursions for those seeking more adrenalin and thrill. It will challenge you to abseil down the waterfalls of the Tamarind Falls canyon using nature watercourses and canyoning gear
- The larger your group the larger your discount! Plan a memorable day for your group (family, friends or colleagues) and save more.
- Note: The group must do the activity together on the same day.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
Full Day Canyoning Excursion at Tamarind Falls - Package Description
This full day canyoning excursion in Les Sept Cascades is by far the most exciting one, including the highest rappels and most dramatic scenery, including a splendid 55m challenging waterfall.
The trip starts at 8.30am with a safety briefing and introduction on basic roping techniques. A small hike leads you to the first waterfall of 15m where participants get the first feel of abseiling for real. You will then progress in the canyon by rappelling on the vertical descents, walking on the horizontal parts and swimming into the water. During the excursion, you will abseil down the steep rocks with a harness, a rope interwined within several carabineers, a wetsuit and a helmet for sheer excitement and adrenaline. For the more courageous, it is possible to test your courage by jumping from the waterfalls into the water.
You will enjoy a picnic lunch in front of the beautiful waterfalls. To wrap up the day, you will have a steep hike but the wonderful views certainly make up for it.
This excursion is about local residents discovering one of the most beautiful sites our island has to offer along the canyons. The trip will end around 3.00pm.
Full Day Canyoning Excursion at Tamarind Falls - Food & Beverages
- Water will be available during the trip
- The price also includes snacks and a picnic lunch
About Tamarind Falls
- Region: South West Mauritius
- The Highest Abseil (level of descent down a rope) is of: 55 meters
Situated on the central plateau, near the small village of Henrietta, the Tamarind Falls canyon is the one canyon of Mauritius which you really do not want to miss. With its 11 waterfalls, multiple jumps, deep ponds and lush green vegetation; Tamarind falls remains one of the most beautiful canyons of the Island that will suit the beginner to the hardcore adventurer.
This is one of the most beautiful and calmest places in Mauritius, and one of the best places for nature and animals lovers, where one can find many exotic plants and birds. The magnificent location of Tamarind Falls hosts breath-taking views over the West coast and Le Morne, a sight not to be missed.
Safety About the Canyoning Excursion
All the canyoning outing are operated and led by the leading canyoning and rock climbing guides in Mauritius, with vast experience in canyoning and rock climbing activities and rescue operations in all areas of Mauritius. The canyoning is done under the full supervising of qualified canyoning guides.
This excursion is carried out with a total respect towards nature and while making it a top priority to stress the importance of its preservation.