Bois Cheri (Visit & Tour)
Bois Cheri (Visit & Tour) Package
- A guided tour of the Bois Cheri tea factory
- Visit to the tea museum
- Visit to the tea plantation
- Tea tasting at the chalet (tea & biscuits)
Note: The tea factory at Domaine de Bois Cheri will temporarily not operate on Mondays until further notice.)
- Everyday - 09:00 to 17:00
Tea factory Operating Time
- Tuesday to Saturdays - 09:00 to 10:30/11:00
Bois Chéri Tea Factory - Operating hours during Winter
- Wednesday, Thursday & Friday - 09:00 - 12:00
1 - 2 Hours
Conditions & Additional info
- This visit is suitable for any age.
- During the winter months, the activity of the factory is diminished.
- Note: The Tea Factory operates in the morning. All guides and clients have access to the first floor of the factory only.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival.
About the Bois Cheri Visit & Tour Package Description
Bois Chéri is the first tea plantation in Mauritius dates back to 1892.
A guide will lead you through the factory and the tea plantation, offering you to discover the history, stories and tales of the Bois Chéri and the importance of tea productions in Mauritius.
After the guided tour of the tea factory, you will visit the tea production museum learning more about the history of tea in Mauritius. The Bois Chéri offers a great panoramic view of the south of the island.
Nowadays Bois Chéri produces a new range of flavored teas, green teas and herbal teas. You may taste them during your visit.
In case you would like to learn more about our country's rich colonial history and learn more on the importance of tea productions, we also recommend the following visits:
- Visit & Tour to Domaine Des Aubineaux
- Visit & Tour to Saint Aubin