Bois Cheri (Visit & Tour)
- A guided tour of the Bois Cheri tea factory
- Visit to the tea museum
- Visit to the tea plantation
- Tea tasting at the chalet (tea & biscuits)
Monday to Saturday
Note: The Bois Cheri factory is operational every day of the week
- Monday - 08:30 to 12:30
- Tuesday to Saturdays - 08:30 to 13:30
1 - 2 Hours
Conditions & Additional info
- This visit is suitable for any age.
- Note: The Tea Factory works in the mornings usually until 11:45 AM and all guides and clients have access to the first floor of the factory only.
- Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival.
Bois Chéri is the first tea plantation in Mauritius dates back to 1892.
A guide will lead you through the factory and the tea plantation, offering you to discover the history, stories and tales of the Bois Chéri and the importance of tea productions in Mauritius.
After the guided tour of the tea factory, you will visit the tea production museum learning more about the history of tea in Mauritius. The Bois Chéri offers a great panoramic view of the south of the island.
Nowadays Bois Chéri produces a new range of flavored teas, green teas and herbal teas. You may taste them during your visit.
In case you would like to learn more about our country's rich colonial history and learn more on the importance of tea productions, we also recommend the following visits:
- Visit & Tour to Domaine Des Aubineaux
- Visit & Tour to Saint Aubin