Boat Trip and Snorkeling at Rivière Banane - Rodrigues
Boat Trip & Snorkeling in Rodrigues
Deals.mu offers you the opportunity to enjoy snorkeling in the beautiful, clear lagoon of Rodrigues and discover its exciting tropical marine world.
Your exploratory journey will start with a boat trip from the Port Mathurin harbour, that will lead you to the Rivière Banane Marine Reserve’s ’Aquarium’. You will ride to the snorkeling spot in a wooden motor boat, with no roof, so do not forget your sunscreen.
Once there, you will snorkel to discover the amazing underwater sights the Rodriguan lagoon has to offer. Explore the marvelous Rodrigues’ well-preserved marine environment that includes around 280 species of coral, an impressive array of marine life counting rays, jack fish, turtles and other exotic aquatic creatures.
Boat Trip and Snorkeling at Rivière Banane - Package Inclusion
As part of the boat trip and snorkeling tour in the Rodriguan lagoon, the following is included:
- 1.5 Hours - two-way boat trip to the snorkeling spot
- Maximum 1.5 Hours of snorkeling & swimming at Rivière Banane
- Snorkeling equipment (excluding palms) and life jackets
Boat Trip and Snorkeling at Rivière Banane - Package Conditions
Operating Days: Monday to Sunday
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting Point: Port Mathurin, next to the pier with the red roof
Activity Time: The specific time will be confirmed the day before
- A minimum of 2 persons is required for this activity and a maximum of 6 persons is allowed. (Note: As from 1st Nov 2018 maximum of 8 persons is allowed)
- There are no age restrictions for this activity, however, babies are not recommended.
- This activity depends on tide conditions.
- For the snorkeling activity, all participants must know how to swim.
Reservation: Required 48 hours in advance by phone & subject to availability
What you should bring: Bottle of water, sun screen, hat, camera, palms (optional), swimsuit, beach towel and your picnic bag
Validity: Until 31/10/2019
Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
About Rivière Banane
The Rivière Banane Marine Reserve is located in front of the village of Rivière Banane on the North-East coast of Rodrigues. The Rivière Banane site was specifically selected to include the special “Aquarium” area which contains good numbers of commercial and other fish species because the site was seen by fishers and scientists as a good potential source of fish larvae that could replenish surrounding areas if left unfished.