The Blue Marine Discovery Quest
The Blue Marine Discovery Quest Package
- A shared full day cruise from 8.00am – 3.00pm
- A light breakfast served on the luxury boat
- A pre-departure briefing by the boat’s captain about the day itinerary.
- Discovery of dolphins, whales, turtles, corals and tropical fish including bird watching opportunities
- Explanation on the mammals and the marine life you will discover during your journey
- Delicious lunch in an amazing setting overlooking the West Coast
- Open bar offering a selection of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
- Exclusive snorkeling site proposed by the crew where you will discover the amazing coral ecosystem
- Snorkeling gear for each passenger
- Maximum comfort and Luxury treatment on-board
- Access to all the facilities of the luxury boat such as the luxurious Upper deck, 2 cabins and toilets
Only on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.
8:00 – 15:00
Conditions & Additional info
Minimum age requirement: Children of any age are allowed to go on this activity, however as it is a long journey and the whale watching is done out in the Deep sea, our recommendation is to go on this activity as from the age of 7 years
Capacity: Maximum of 10 passengers on the 50ft boat.
Restrictions: Outings are not recommended for pregnant women
- When getting on-board, a lucky draw will be proposed to define the order to hold the fishing rods.
- There is a guarantee of 60% that you will see the Whales but if that is not the case, there will be no cash refund as the costs for such outings are too high in terms of fuel used.
- Luxury boat: based on availability – the 50ft boat
Mauritian ID card or Resident permit must be shown upon arrival
What to bring: We suggest bringing towels, hats, t-shirts and extra sun block cream for sun protection, and cameras.
Deals.mu’s Cancellation Policy
The Blue Marine Discovery Quest Package Description
Join the one and only marine adventure quest, starting at 8.00 am with a light breakfast (home-made cake, coffee) before venturing out to sea for a day full of marine discoveries opportunities.
The first part of the journey starts with the encounters of dolphins and the whales. On your way, you can observe the West coast and from the luxurious upper deck, the whole scenery is even more spectacular…
Also, you will be able to see turtles and observe the different sea birds cruising in speed alongside the boat. The friendly skippers will be more than happy to guide you on the different marine animals you will encounter as part of the trip, providing you with knowledge information and answering your every question.
During the second part of the journey, the boat will stop for break in key locations along the coral reefs, where you can enjoy a swim and some snorkeling, or for those of you who prefer the lower deck, you can enjoy the free time for relaxing and tanning.
At around noon the boat will anchor for you to have a delicious BBQ lunch followed by some swimming, snorkeling and relaxation inside the west coast lagoon, having many picture perfect moments.
Expected arrival time to Black River is 3.00 pm.
The Blue Marine Discovery Quest - Food & Beverages
As part of this special shared cruise, a delicious full BBQ Lunch will be served on-board close to the amazing West coast.
The lunch is served and prepared by our skippers, and all along you will continue to enjoy a selection of refreshments, which will be served before and after the lunch.
The high-end lunch setting will set the mood for the mouthwatering lunch that has been especially prepared for you.
Aperitif: Sparkling wine and appetizers
Starter: An assortment of canapés
- Lobster grilled on the barbecue
- Seafood skewer
- Grilled chicken and fish
Selection of Side dishes:
- Pasta salad
- Fresh green salads
- Garlic bread
- Various sauces and dressings
Dessert: Grilled Banana
Dolphins’ Encounter & Whales Watching
Following the briefing on-board, the luxury boat will depart, heading to Tamarin Bay area where you can encounter dolphins in their natural habitat. The lower deck is perfect to see the dolphins from close; you will be amazed by seeing the pod of dolphins swimming next to the boat.
After the outing with the dolphins, you will be taken further out to the deep sea for the whale watching. The cruising journey to the whales is wonderful and is one of the highlights of this Shared Luxury cruise…
Whale watching is a different and more difficult outing as you will have to go further out to sea and the number of encounters you will have, depends a lot on weather and sea conditions. But, when you do see the whales, the sight is unbelievable.