Black River Gorges Park Hiking Trip - Half Day
- Half day hiking in Black River Gorges
- Opportunity to have a swim in the river
- Professional Hiking guides
- Complimentary picnic lunch
- Water and juice
09:30 - 13:00
Level of Difficulty
Conditions & Additional info
- Minimum age: 10 years old and above (must be accompanied by at least one parent)
- Discounts for Groups - 5 or more people. The larger your group the larger your discount!
- Note: The group must do the activity together on the same day.
- Bring along: It is recommended to bring hiking shoes, sunscreen and mosquito repellent, and spare set of clothes
- The swimming possibility as part of the trip will be confirmed by the guide on the day of the hike itself
- As from 10pax, the package does not include Snacks and Water, it includes WATER only.
Come and experience the true beauty of the nature of Mauritius. The Black River Gorges is worth visiting for all trekkers, as well as for the pure nature lovers and bird-watchers.
This hike will take you into the heart of the indigenous forest with many panoramic views. During the trip you will learn about the natives, the vegetation as well as on the endemic and exotic bird life. You will also get to learn more about the fauna and flora and what’s being done towards its preservation, making this a unique and enriching experience
The views you will encounter during this hike are breathtaking: A wide, beautiful gorge (canyon) curving dramatically down between a series of mountains. Beautiful waterfalls scampering down the hillside with a range of mountains behind them and many more.
You will also get to a river where you can have a swim. The hike will end with a complementary picnic lunch.
The Half day hiking to Black River includes:
- Picnic lunch
- Water and Juice
About Black River Gorges
The Black River Gorges is the largest national park in Mauritius. Famous for its waterfalls, vistas and hiking, the gorge is in the central highlands, making it cooler than much of the island.
The "Black River Gorges" National park is a national park in the hilly south-western part of Mauritius. The park extends over an area of 6,754 hectares. It harbors about 311 species of native and endemic flowering plants and 9 species of birds, which are found only in Mauritius.
The park protects most of the island's remaining rainforest. Many endemic plants and animals can be found in the park, including the Mauritian flying fox and all of the island's endemic birds: Mauritius kestrel, pink pigeon, Mauritius parakeet, Mauritius cuckoo-shrike, Mauritius bulbul, Mauritius olive white-eye, Mauritius grey white-eye and the Mauritius fody.
About the guide and the spirit of the trip - All hiking excursions and treks will be under the experienced and professional guidance of one of the top guides in Mauritius.
With the help of the guides, you will discover Mauritius' natural heritage in this unique area which is also the location of one of the rarest forests in the world.
Each trip is carried out with a total respect towards nature and while making it a top priority to stress the importance of its preservation.